A1PrimeDelay v0.97b PUBLIC BETA - please join

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

We're excited to share that our new plugin A1PrimeDelay is now in PUBLIC BETA.

This is our take on the classic TAPE DELAY effect, which is internally modeled after the iconic classic analog devices of the 70s and 80s with lots of sonic movement and character in sound.

A1PrimeDelay comes feature-packed with
  • analog-style RESONANT-FILTER (LP, BP, HP) in feedback loop
  • one-knob DUCKER
  • one-knob TRANSIENT SOFTENING
  • high quality (oversampled) SATURARION
  • additional CHORUS
  • additional ROOM REVERB
  • dedicated LOW- and HIGH-CUT filters
  • FLUTTER and WOW (delay modulation)
  • (last but not least) a STEREO-WIDENER
A1PrimeDelay is nearing its release and has now entered the PUBLIC BETA phase! This is your chance to explore its capabilities and contribute to its final touches with your feedback.

A1PrimeDelay is intuitively designed to be user-friendly for all levels of expertise. While it's straightforward to use at first glance, the real magic happens when you dive into its advanced features. By clicking on the "EXPERT" button, you unlock the full potential of A1PrimeDelay, accessing a comprehensive suite of sound adjustment tools that cater to the nuanced needs of audio professionals and enthusiasts alike.

We invite you to join this Public Beta program and explore both the simplicity and depth of A1PrimeDelay. Your insights will be invaluable in refining its functionality and ensuring it meets your expectations and those of the wider audio community.

For more information and to join the beta, please visit:
https://a1audio.alexhilton.net/a1primedelay

Your feedback is crucial, and we can't wait to see how A1PrimeDelay becomes a part of your audio production toolkit.

Thank you for being an integral part of our development process!

Best regards,
Alex Hilton / A1AUDIO.de
Last edited by a1audio.de on Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

crashed validation
mac mini 2012 i7, mojave, logic 10.5.1

crash reports are on their way...

you're back!! :) will download this asap.
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

I was hoping to find any information about what DRM you will have on the final product but couldn't find any information in the ReadMe-EN.pdf.

Will it be free when released?

Thanks!

- Mario

Hello
I'm glad to see something new from you!

Regarding "Free or Paid":
No, It's not gonna be free. However, it will be offered at a very fair price. The introductory price will be US$ 29.99, followed by a regular price of US$ 60-70. Additionally, we will have various sales throughout the year, offering discounts of around 50%, so the price will pretty much the whole year be between US$ 30-35.

Regarding DRM (Digital Rights Management) and/or Copy Protection:

It's gonna be just a simple License Key along with an automated challenge-response mechanism. This system will limit the number of activations to five. Additionally, a manual challenge-response process for cases where your audio-producing machine is not online.

muki wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:20 pm crashed validation
mac mini 2012 i7, mojave, logic 10.5.1

crash reports are on their way...
thank you for that :)

need an option to open all instances to expert mode by default.
the elongated bold font is hard to read
preset menu open button is in the middle of the gui, but menu close is over to the right side.
need an uninstaller, maybe i overlooked this?

Crashing logic's validation.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:49 pm Crashing logic's validation.
thank you for the info.

we already found the issue. a new version is coming very soon :)

We've just uploaded new versions of A1PrimeDelay. It's now 0.94b.

You may wanna simply go back to the A1AUDIO website at https://a1audio.alexhilton.net/a1primedelay and then re-request the new download links with your email-adr.

This should be especially interesting for Logic Pro users, as we have fixed the issue with the failing validation (at least on our test systems).

sqigls wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:21 am need an option to open all instances to expert mode by default.
the elongated bold font is hard to read
preset menu open button is in the middle of the gui, but menu close is over to the right side.
need an uninstaller, maybe i overlooked this?
  • "option to open all instances to expert mode by default" - done :tu:
  • "elongated bold font is hard to read" - well, we will look into that, in the meantime maybe just make editor bigger, it's resizable
  • "preset menu open button is in the middle of the gui, but..." - we added an option to close by tapping/clicking on the page title (which is also in the center of UI) :tu:
  • "need an uninstaller" - at least on windows, there is indeed one. on mac, we will look into that as well
thank you for your feedback and ideas !

we are going to upload a NEW version with these changes within the next 24h. that version is then going to be 0.9.5 beta

Personally, I find the non-expert page unnecessary. I would never use it, and really, it's not a complicated plugin. It would be fine without it. But if you're going to keep it, I would suggest changing the animation when enabling the expert page to be a lot faster, and make it so that all the parameter sections appear at the same time. The current animation with the lower sections sliding in slower than the sections above might be cool from a design perspective, but if someone's going to be switching between the easy/expert page all the time then having to watch those animations will get old real quick.

Having the Sync button at the top next to the Presets button felt unintuitive. It would be better for the Time label under the dial to be the Sync button, which is where I'd expect it to be.

I think the tiny on/off buttons above the parameters are unnecessary. Not just because they're annoying to click due to their small size, but also because if I want to turn them on or off it would be easier just to move the dial.

The tooltips for Wow Speed and Flutter Speed say "Lower values sound more natural and higher ones more drastically." Use of the word drastically is incorrect here. Use drastic instead. There is no tooltip for Chorus Rate (not that it really needs it, but everything else has a tooltip, so I'm just mentioning it in case you forgot to put one there).

The sound is good. I really like the saturation and filter feedback. I like that the reverb affects the input signal. CPU is low.

Bug: Resetting DAW transport affects the Lo-cut and Hi-cut filters. If I set Lo-cut to, say, 250 Hz, and put the Hi-cut at maximum, then play something and stop transport and play something again, both filters will sound like they've been set to a lower frequency until I move the dials again. VST2 Windows version in FL Studio 21.

a1audio.de wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:53 pm We've just uploaded new versions of A1PrimeDelay. It's now

You may wanna simply go back to the A1AUDIO website at https://a1audio.alexhilton.net/a1primedelay and then re-request the new download links with your email-adr.
and another version is ready to download: 0.9.5 beta

changes are:
  • option to open all instances to expert mode by default :tu:
  • option to close by tapping/clicking on the page title (which is also in the center of UI) :tu:
  • fixed some typos

Return to “Effects”