Can't compile: Cannot find a class with the main method.

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't compile the bitwig extensions repo with VS Code. It just says "Cannot find a class with the main method." I installed the recommended addons in VS Code. I'm new to java, can anybody point me in the right direction how to compile it?

Ok, here I am again. I did not understand how compiling works in the regard of this repository. One has to install Maven and the JDK 8, I took OpenJDK 8u402. During the JDK installation, configure it that the environment variable PATH knows where the JDK is. The same you have to do with the bin folder of Maven. Restart your PC. After that, open the repository folder in a Windows Terminal. Type mvn --version. If you see the currently installed version of Maven, you have set it up correctly. Do the same for the JDK: java -version. If this also works, type mvn install. This loads all sorts of stuff, defined in the pom.xml file.

I had an error that javac was concerned about an invalid target release: 16. I just opened the pom.xml and tried to set the target from 16 to 1 and typed mvn install again. Worked! :D

In the target folder of the repo, there will be the famous .bwextension file! Copy this to..

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Bitwig Studio\Extensions

..and you're good to go!

Return to “Controller Scripting”