Bought AIR Music Plugins - Do they even work anymore? (No VST3 support)

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have bought three AIR Music Technology plugins and they just don't work. I have contacted the website I have bought them from, but at the pace they seem to be working, I am afraid this is going to lead nowhere.

I have bought Hybrid 3, Velvet 2 and Minigrand and all of them get rejected by cubase. Every time I start up cubase I get error messages.

Any ideas?
★★★ One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet. ★★★

I know that Steinberg is planning on phasing out Vst2 plugins in Cubase entirely. Maybe that's why?

This article is from 2 years ago.
https://www.gearnews.com/steinberg-disc ... -plug-ins/

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:21 am I know that Steinberg is planning on phasing out Vst2 plugins in Cubase entirely. Maybe that's why?

This article is from 2 years ago.
https://www.gearnews.com/steinberg-disc ... -plug-ins/
I have a bunch of VST2 plugins and they all work perfectly well. :shrug:

Apparantly Cubase 12 (that's what I am using) on windows does support VST2. So it theoretically should work. I never had this issue with any other plugins.
★★★ One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet. ★★★

The error message is about "32 bits" plugins, not VST2 plugins.

Download the "64 bits" versions and it should fix the problem...

I have these 3 plugins, no problem.

mpoirier wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:13 pm Image

The error message is about "32 bits" plugins, not VST2 plugins.

Download the "64 bits" versions and it should fix the problem...

I have these 3 plugins, no problem.
But aren't the "_x64.dll" files 64 bit? Are you using cubase?

I have gotten these messages before when i have used 64bit vst's.

In my case it was because there was some missing Microsoft Visual vc ++ files on my system that made cubase to see them as vst 32 instead of 64 bit.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:27 pm I have gotten these messages before when i have used 64bit vst's.

In my case it was because there was some missing Microsoft Visual vc ++ files on my system that made cubase to see them as vst 32 instead of 64 bit.
Thanks. Hopefully I can figure this out I tried it in a different DAW but no luck.

I have installed the latest Michsoft Visual C++ and that did not chang anything, unfortunatly. The issue is not cubase exclusive.

LunarKitten wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:01 pm I have installed the latest Michsoft Visual C++ and that did not chang anything, unfortunatly. The issue is not cubase exclusive.
I am sorry to hear that.
I had 1 plugin that did this and that solved my problem and i don't have any Air Plugins installed atm but maybe something in their code is outdated that makes the daws see them as 32 bit.

Are these the latest updates of the plugins or old installers?

I also see that they have licensing problems in your picture.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 pm I am sorry to hear that.
It's okay. Thank you anyways.
D-Fusion wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 pmI had 1 plugin that did this and that solved my problem and i don't have any Air Plugins installed atm but maybe something in their code is outdated that makes the daws see them as 32 bit.
They can't be all that new if there isn't even any VST3 support in 2024.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 pmAre these the latest updates of the plugins or old installers?
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... Power-Pack
I bought them there and used the installers they have suggested.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:09 pmI also see that they have licensing problems in your picture.
I have activated the plugins on iLok. So I don't know what this is about.

LunarKitten wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:52 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:27 pm I have gotten these messages before when i have used 64bit vst's.

Thanks. Hopefully I can figure this out I tried it in a different DAW but no luck.
I'm using FL Studio and a bunch of AIR 64 bit FX and instrument plugins including the ones you purchased, never had any issues with them as regards installation.
What DAW did you try apart from Cubase?

Is your ilok software updated to the latest version?

I don't own Cubase but I am running the Cubase trial period since January, I will install Elements and see how the AIR plugins behave.

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:44 pm I'm using FL Studio and a bunch of AIR 64 bit FX and instrument plugins including the ones you purchased, never had any issues with them as regards installation.
What DAW did you try apart from Cubase?
I'm happy that they work in your case.
Is your ilok software updated to the latest version?
It says that I have the newest version available. I have other plugins in there as well and they all work fine, including the polyMAX I got with this purchase.
I don't own Cubase but I am running the Cubase trial period since January, I will install Elements and see how the AIR plugins behave.
Please don't put too much effort into this. I only paid 10 bucks and it doesn't seem to work in general on my side.

I want to say this as well:

I really liked how the velvet 2 sounded in demonstrations. Is it the most realistic rhodes/wurli VST these days, maybe not but I really liked the sound anyways and would have been happy to use it myself. I also can appreachiate when users can still purchase VSTs even if they are not up to current standards like VST3 support. As long as it is clear what the customer is getting, it is a good thing that people who know their stuff can have access to such offers.

Plugin Boutique on the other hand writes this:
Seamless DAW Integration

Hybrid 3.0 is available in VST and AAX plugin formats for both 32- and 64-bit operating systems and in AU for 64-bit operating systems.
I am sorry, but selling a VST under this description in 2024 and not providing a VST3 is just not right. This combined with not responding within 24 hours while mercilessly bombarding my mailbox with spam, I can't imagine how I would have felt paying full price for these plugins.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”