Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody,

Exciting news, the new update is here! Check out the changes below.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/downloads

Changes:
https://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/#changes-16.11

Thanks! :)
Reaper | MComplete Bundle

Nice, lots of new MSF devices 🤩 Btw, who created these EDM devices? I am missing this usual information in the HELP section.
Last chance

Ah, we forgot to include that information, sorry. These devices (and their presets) were made by Davide Scuteri. Expect to see more devices from him 😊
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I'm curious as to what actual EDM makers (not me obviously) think of these devices?

jan-sandahl wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:46 pm I'm curious as to what actual EDM makers (not me obviously) think of these devices?
I produce EDM and unfortunatly i don't find these presets useful.

Just listen every subgenre and there isn't any of the used sound here.
EDM is usually pretty strict with sounds due to trends. So everything different is useful just for experimental music, but in this case sound design is where the most fun is.

ReFX Nexus expansions are a good example of what is useful, sounds you actually hear in professional productions.

With that said, i highly appreciate Melda efforts providing us constantly new stuff, but that's my honest opinion

lmao I won't use these presets, because they sound too much EDM like for my taste. They're simply too good for experimental :D Still, always great to get new devices, to learn how they work, to TWEAK and MXXX them and finally use what's left of them 🤩 Thanks Melda, well done
Last chance

Hey, I tested and the bug I found in the beta in MGuitarArchitect’s NAM loader is still there. Adding a multiparameter to select which nam file inside of a folder is loaded does not really work. Changing the multiparameter affects the selection in the GUI but the loaded file stays the same. Tested with VST2 and VST3 in Reaper 7 and with VST3 in Bitwig 5 and Ableton Live 11.

TVbene, I was not aware of this issue, but the bug is there - just reproduced it and fixed it, next release . Thanks for the report.

Great!

Frankie.T wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:15 pm
jan-sandahl wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:46 pm I'm curious as to what actual EDM makers (not me obviously) think of these devices?

EDM is usually pretty strict with sounds due to trends. So everything different is useful just for experimental music, but in this case sound design is where the most fun is.

ReFX Nexus expansions are a good example of what is useful, sounds you actually hear in professional productions.

With that said, i highly appreciate Melda efforts providing us constantly new stuff, but that's my honest opinion
I appreciate the effort too, naturally. I'm just concerned that devices are churned out, just to prove a level of productivity, when in reality it lowers the trust in Melda expertise and connection to actual users, actual contemporary sound design. It'd make much better sense to slow it down and make REALLY well done devices. I wasn't impressed by them either. Littering the devices list...

I have the Kilohearts stuff to, and they seem to rule the game - from my quite distant position and overview of the EDM field, sound design wise. Not that Melda lacks the capabilities, but perhaps the user base (and workflow). However, Melda is WAAAY ahead of Kilohearts on sound quality (IMO). Question is. where are the truly PRO and bleeding edge sound/device designers?

Ok, maybe I know the EDM field - a tiny bit - better than I let on though - I am but a humble Swede. Be gentle! :D

jan-sandahl wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 pm
Frankie.T wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:15 pm

I appreciate the effort too, naturally. I'm just concerned that devices are churned out, just to prove a level of productivity, when in reality it lowers the trust in Melda expertise and connection to actual users, actual contemporary sound design. It'd make much better sense to slow it down and make REALLY well done devices. I wasn't impressed by them either. Littering the devices list...

I have the Kilohearts stuff to, and they seem to rule the game - from my quite distant position and overview of the EDM field, sound design wise. Not that Melda lacks the capabilities, but perhaps the user base (and workflow). However, Melda is WAAAY ahead of Kilohearts on sound quality (IMO). Question is. where are the truly PRO and bleeding edge sound/device designers?

Ok, maybe I know the EDM field - a tiny bit - better than I let on though - I am but a humble Swede. Be gentle! :D
I think here we all love Melda, i also find people here to be very nice. I think Melda guys know that, if not i write it again, we loves you!
So i think they can take criticism/feedback in the right way.

Imo they should decide what to do, if invest on MSF and so providing HQ actual sounds or "random" ones.

I personally find more value on few but useful sound than "20k" sounds. Also because if you create few gems is hard to be found. For that reason i usually use it just for monastery piano, the other one is way better but too big.

I am having trouble in MXXX1 with multiparameters sometimes do not show on same row.
It is selected same row but does not go there. 16.11 first time I have seen this.
Spencer

Spencer, can you send me more details about this issue, for instance the settings or guide how to invoke it? You can contact me also directly here: martin@meldaproduction.com

@Melda, in MSF when adding LFOs within FM module, the LFOs work only after disabling and enabling the FM module back again. Could you check please?
Last chance

Return to “MeldaProduction”