Bazille or upcoming Zebra?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear diary,

I like Beatzille, the osc and filters sound incredible to my ears, and I love all the crazy weird accidents that happen from being big noob at modular and sound design in general.

Synths like Serum are really boring for me to use, and synths like Unfiltered Audio's Lion and Newfangled Audio's Generate excite me, but Beatzille is like playing with my favourite synths on a bluechew and it was only $1. :?

My question is: Should I buy Bazille, with Zebra3 comingsoon™? Will Bazille still be in a league of its own when it comes to sound design? I don't know much about Zebra2, other than it's king. I would really like to invest a lot of time into learning just one synth and using it for most of my needs alongside Generate.

I enjoy creating Neurofunk, DnB, Hard-Techno, bizarre Xenakis compositions, and musical Sci-Fi worlds and soundscapes inhabited by unknown creatures, but I also like to make some ambient stuff with glitches trying to break through.

Thanks for making it to the end. :) I can't buy both.

with Zebra3 comingsoon
Hmmmm....

Have you tried Reaper?

Bazille's my favorite synth so I'm biased... plus Zebra 3 may not actually be available until next year. So get the full Bazille and by next year you will be able to buy Zebra 3 :tu:

pdxindy has answered the question correctly. :)

If you are into modular tweaking, Bazille has a lot to give. I can also recommend the cookbook to get you kickstarted.

seafire wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:14 pm Hmmmm....

Have you tried Reaper?
Reaper? Please, I'm faithful to my soundstream.
pdxindy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:14 pm Bazille's my favorite synth so I'm biased... plus Zebra 3 may not actually be available until next year. So get the full Bazille and by next year you will be able to buy Zebra 3 :tu:
The fact that it's your favourite synth and you've been here since the Stone Age with an equally old evil twin backing up your sentiment is pretty telling as to what I should do. :)
ralfrobert wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:29 pm If you are into modular tweaking, Bazille has a lot to give. I can also recommend the cookbook to get you kickstarted.
Cool, this looks very helpful and well laid out. :)

Thanks for the replies, I will go forth and tweak my brains out with Howard.

:phones:

Bazille's unique, not only in its feature set but in its sonics and personality : I'm not aware of any synth with that same raw tone/soundprint. It's my favorite synth, period.
If it's of any help, I plan to do everything with Z3 once available AND Bazille when I want that specific, badass color. I'm pretty sure they'll complete each other perfectly.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:26 am Bazille's unique, not only in its feature set but in its sonics and personality : I'm not aware of any synth with that same raw tone/soundprint. It's my favorite synth, period.
If it's of any help, I plan to do everything with Z3 once available AND Bazille when I want that specific, badass color. I'm pretty sure they'll complete each other perfectly.
real talk, bazille is one of my fav synths as well.

even if Z3 somehow can recreate every sound bazille can make (which I doubt given it presumably will be a z2 style grid modular rather than a fully free cable modular, with some concessions to things like 'cpu usage' and 'actually practical workflow for working musicians') the workflow will be *very* different. I love Bazille so I'd say get it now and enjoy Z3 later (could be 6-18 months before that happens anyway?)

In terms of pure synthesis (no samples), I think Bazille and Zebra 3 will be an awesome and complimentary combination!

Let me toss another vote for Bazille. It's really special and you'll get tons of unique sounds out of it.

mickeyl wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:26 am Let me toss another vote for Bazille. It's really special and you'll get tons of unique sounds out of it.
I agree completely! It's my "goto"...But I also wonder if there 's going to be an update planned for Bazille in teh very near future...

djvd wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:43 am But I also wonder if there 's going to be an update planned for Bazille in the very near future...
No big feature-update planned right now, just a minor update for bug-fixes and for adding CLAP support and bringing back AAX on Mac.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

ok thanks for the reply

Return to “u-he”