Multi-Track Midi Realtime Sequencer like Sower, but for Waveform?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I used to use Reaper but am having stability troubles with it at the moment so I'm trying out Waveform for a while. Reaper had an extension called Sower, which let you in a single interface sequence multiple tracks at once. (For example I could give it three channels, and one channel would control track one, one would control track two, and another would control track three.) What (if anything) would give me a similar function in Waveform? All the sequencer VSTs seem to only be able to control the single track they sit within.

Another cool thing about sower is, I could hit "play" in Reaper and it would start playing the sequence in a loop, and I could then change the sequence in real time and immediately hear the change while it was playing. And if I hit record in Reaper, it would record the sequence, looping it over and over as it did so. Not sure if that's all also possible given some plugin or something in Waveform.

(I have the free version of Waveform, but if something from one of the expansions or the base pro version fits this bill I'm all ears)
Last edited by Rahodees on Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ignorethisreply

You can have the midi input feed multiple tracks; and as you've probably seen all incoming MIDI notes from all tracks hit all instruments enabled.

If the input stream or device sends the data in multiple midi channels, though, you can select which ONES you want/don't want in the properties panel at the buttom - just click and enable the channels you want as input from that device, as a filter.

If you do it a LOT on a limited number of channels, you can actually create virtual MIDI devices; and call them, say, MID1 through MID16, and on the virtual device then enable the same filter at the "device" level. I have a keyboard with drum pads, and do this. MPK10 gives me channel 10 for drum pads, and MPKkeys gives me everything BUT channel 10; so I can add crashes or other percussion while playing synth bass or piano.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Return to “Tracktion”