Basic "Tech Support" Question About Waveform 12

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded it today. When I first ran it, my Minifreak showed up as "enabled" under midi devices, and when I would click on a track under the words "Track 1" the pop up menu would allow me to select minifreak as my midi input device.

Cool! Just as expected. But as it happened, I ran into an issue and had to close the app. I restarted my computer, and opened the app again.

And now, Minifreak still shows up as "enabled" in the list of midi devices but now, under "Track 1", the minifreak DOES NOT show up under "MIDI" in the pop up menu.

Any idea what's gone wrong here?

(Device is powered on and connected of course.)

Are you sure that it's enabled as a MIDI input? Waveform lists the outputs first.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:42 pm Are you sure that it's enabled as a MIDI input? Waveform lists the outputs first.
Yes I am sure.

Further testing shows that it works correctly for a different midi device (keystep), so the issue appears to be specific to minifreak unfortunately. ("Unfortunate" because this means right now I don't have a way to use the minifreak hardware to control the minifreak vst, which is extremely convenient for controlling the macros in a less clunky way than using the vst interface, etc.)

Try opening Waveform app first, and then connecting the midi device.

In general, that doesn't work - although I really wish it did !
I'd like a "rescan MIDI devices" function that would allow you to add or reset a MIDI device, and not have to reload Waveform...
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 am In general, that doesn't work - although I really wish it did !
Is this replying to the original post or to dysjoint's comment?

Me, I wrote that the wrong way around. Ignore my reply.

Return to “Tracktion”