History of actions?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to see a sort of transcript of actions throughout the course a project?

Unfortunately, no. We've requested this for some time, especially after typing what we thought was a track name...and discovering we just issued a string of commands to Waveform. There's often no way to be sure how far you should undo something.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:35 pm Unfortunately, no. We've requested this for some time, especially after typing what we thought was a track name...and discovering we just issued a string of commands to Waveform. There's often no way to be sure how far you should undo something.
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the option.

But yesterday -- and this has happened once before a few months back -- I obviously accidentally did some action that badly crippled the project. Tried tons of things, even going back to other projects to make sure it wasn't a CPU issue somehow from another app running in the background.

Whatever happened, though, was causing my PC to seize during exporting. Had to restart my PC one time. But the stuttering during playbacks were happening in the same places each time, so it was pretty obvious I must've done something. A text log might help a great deal in sussing it out.

There is a crash log, but I don't think that would tell you what happened prior to the crash...even if it were intelligible, which crash logs often are not.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Watchful wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:28 pm There is a crash log, but I don't think that would tell you what happened prior to the crash...even if it were intelligible, which crash logs often are not.
Hmm...yeah.

Plus, it seemed like something had perhaps been added (maybe a hidden plugin somehow) that was putting tremendous CPU demands on the song at certain points throughout. That's what I'm looking for -- hidden stuff.

They've got all this stuff, checkmarks, etc. as options, much I have yet to touch, and it seems a lot of it is routed to hotkeys as well. I know for months (and I occasionally still do it) I was adding timestamps on accident when trying to copy and paste.

Return to “Tracktion”