AKAI Pro MPC Key 37

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From a leaked source:

https://synthanatomy.com/2024/01/akai-m ... -keys.html

Nice red colour.
<List your stupid gear here>

Not the small battery powered one everyone was looking for! Maybe useful if you have limited desk space- but there are so many cheap MPCs going you cam just plug a USB keyboard into...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think if you're a traveling musician it might be a choice. The Issue is that the MPC Live II competes with it directly for this area. I bought the Live II, because it eliminates the need for monitors to show people things while on the road, which this thing doesn't, yet it eliminates the need for a 37 key controller, So each solve one of the two main issues with traveling and a lot of their user base might have already bought a Live II.

[clarification, I'm not saying you can mix with the Live II's built in speakers but you can show someone what you're working on and take off your headphones every once in a while.]

I still think the original MPC Live version 1 is the best for traveling. It's kind of the perfect size in my opinion. Substantial enough to feel like a solid instrument/workstation and enough connections for it to be a centerpiece of a larger portable setup.

I'm still using my MPC Live as my summer vacation music box and I use the original iRig keys as the keyboard. Perfect little setup that fits in a basic backpack. If I feel like I'm going to record stuff, then I also bring my RME Babyface Pro + xlr cable + Shure SM58 with me as it can work as the audiointerface for the MPC.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”