MuLab 9.5.34

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone, does anyone tried to load saved Virtual MIDI keyboard mappings?, because it isn't works for me, I explain:
I did:
1. open the virtual keyboard (my shortcut is Ctrl + K)
2. it is in default mapping.
3. Load a any map, loads fine
4. do it again, load any map, no load
5. tried to save a map for open it.
6. remove all mappings (this is for test to see if it loads the map)
7. load the recently saved map, doesn't load.
8. close, open the program, and repeat loading... nothing.

Or I'm doing something wrong :?:

Note that such preset only saves the MIDI keys, not the GUI keys.
The GUI keys are a global setting and saved in the User folder, just like your shortcut keys.
Does that clarify what you encounter?
If not please elaborate.

Got it! Thank you Jo as always. :tu:
My brain is in overheat at these hours :hihi:

Regards.

syntonica wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:17 pm Bug: using Mac 11.7.10

When using the plus button on the right side of the window bar, the tool bar displays, but an equal amount of blank space displays below. When clicking the minus button, everything disappears, including the window bar. i have to close and reopen the window to get it to draw correctly.

This is only in regards to third-party plugins. Native plugins behave as expected.
Sorry for the delay.
Thx for reporting this!
Will be fixed in the next update.

MuLab App M9.5.29 beta for Mac and Windows 32 bit are also available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

MuLab Plugin M9.5.29 beta for Mac and Windows 32 bit are also available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

So all 6 versions are up to date to M9.5.29 now.

This latest Mac update also fixes the fold-unfold plugin window bug.

mutools wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:43 am
syntonica wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:17 pm Bug: using Mac 11.7.10

When using the plus button on the right side of the window bar, the tool bar displays, but an equal amount of blank space displays below. When clicking the minus button, everything disappears, including the window bar. i have to close and reopen the window to get it to draw correctly.

This is only in regards to third-party plugins. Native plugins behave as expected.
Sorry for the delay.
Thx for reporting this!
No worries, I figured there was a sign that was backwards. Stupid upside-down a Apple! :lol:

Anyway, Thanks!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Found a crash.

When working with Audio Streams, if you have one on your timeline, make at least one copy, and convert any of these instances into an Audio Sequence, there is a decent chance it crashes MuLab. The likelihood increases with more copies alongside how many of those instances of the same stream are converted into a sequence.

I tried on 9.2.22, and it exists there as well. This seems to have been an issue for some time. Can you confirm it is replicable on your end as well, Jo?

https://youtu.be/gitAOWRPgsU
I make chunes and such!

Something I noticed with regards to tempo automation I found recently comes from using tempo-synced delays. With plugins like Kilohearts Delay and Valhalla Supermassive, for example, the delays compensate as if they being played from tape, accelerating and decelerating the pitch to keep up with the changes in tempo. With NI Raum and Replika, automating the tempo with cause an audible tremolo in the wet signal, I'm guessing from crossfading between Feedback Delay Network buffers.

In the case of Mux presets like OnBeat or PingPongBeat, whenever the tempo is automated, an audible distorted crackling is heard, which can create unpleasant undertones. I'm wondering if it's a consequence of the tempo granularity or how updating tempo syncs work in MuLab.
I make chunes and such!

PelletProject wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:07 am Something I noticed with regards to tempo automation I found recently comes from using tempo-synced delays. With plugins like Kilohearts Delay and Valhalla Supermassive, for example, the delays compensate as if they being played from tape, accelerating and decelerating the pitch to keep up with the changes in tempo. With NI Raum and Replika, automating the tempo with cause an audible tremolo in the wet signal, I'm guessing from crossfading between Feedback Delay Network buffers.

In the case of Mux presets like OnBeat or PingPongBeat, whenever the tempo is automated, an audible distorted crackling is heard, which can create unpleasant undertones. I'm wondering if it's a consequence of the tempo granularity or how updating tempo syncs work in MuLab.
It sounds like you think that MuLab's tempo automation uses some exceptional granularity. Not at all. All DAWs use a similar tempo automation granularity. An obvious way for a DAW is to do it on audio engine buffer boundaries, so if you would use a 512 audio engine sample buffer at 44.1 kHz that would lead to a tempo automation granularity of 11.6 ms. MuLab 9.5 does not use audio engine buffer boundaries, but an independent granularity of +-5 ms. Anyway, the fact that tempo automation is done in small micro steps is normal and common to all DAWs.

Completely separate from that topic, MuLab's own Modular Feedback Delay indeed does not yet smooth out tempo changes by pitching the delay. If you would use MuLab Plugin with a Modular Feedback Delay in another host DAW and use tempo automation there, you would encounter the very same effect. It's on the wishlist to upgrade the Modular Feedback Delay so that it handles tempo changes in an audio friendly way.

PelletProject wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:56 pm Found a crash.

When working with Audio Streams, if you have one on your timeline, make at least one copy, and convert any of these instances into an Audio Sequence, there is a decent chance it crashes MuLab. The likelihood increases with more copies alongside how many of those instances of the same stream are converted into a sequence.

I tried on 9.2.22, and it exists there as well. This seems to have been an issue for some time. Can you confirm it is replicable on your end as well, Jo?
Yes, confirmed bug.
Thanks for reporting this! :tu:

MuLab App M9.5.30 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

MuLab Plugin M9.5.30 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • When you set the tempo in a main composer (ie. when composer = project main module, which is default in MuLab App) and there are no tempo automations yet, then that tempo edit will automatically set the project main tempo, and then set the composer tempo to 100%. For that's the most expected UX.
  • Convert Audio Stream Clip to Audio Sequence Clip:
    * When converting multiple audio stream clips that use the same audio source, there was crash danger starting from the 2nd conversion. Fixed.
    * New clip could display mono instead of stereo. Fixed.
    * Audio Sequence used auto-stretched events even when Auto Snap Length is off. Fixed.
  • New color preference "Default Track Color": Previously the default track color was the default rack color, but it's better to give this its own color preference.
  • New color preference "Time Line Fore Color": When this is specified then clips and events without a specific color will use this color instead of the Default Track Color.
  • Drag-dropping a rack/module onto the color picker (to edit the rack color) did not always work. Fixed.
  • Color Picker: Clicking the 'Unspecified Color' (when available) caused the new color to go black. Fixed.
  • Other small improvements.

Hi Jo, nice update, the Audio Sequence fixes are always welcome :)

On that I noticed that 1. there's not way to split samples without the snap to zero crossing.
Yes, i tried turning off the grid snapping on its local and project ones.

Also, 2. why when do splits on very near to the other the waveform on the right side shifts like it copying and inserting?

3. And for revert that, found that the numbers of undo levels are very limited, had to trow all to bin and start again.

4. There's a drawing issues on Audio sequencer, here is one
Mulab 9.5.30 - Audio seq bad gfx render 2024-04-15_.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I move this topic with more details through mail due the limitations here on size for send files.. and other things.

Thx! Will process your reports asap.

FabBad wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:20 pm On that I noticed that 1. there's not way to split samples without the snap to zero crossing.
Yes, i tried turning off the grid snapping on its local and project ones.
When the Audio Sequence Editor uses a grid then splits are made on that grid, and thus there is no snap to zero-crossing.
When the Audio Sequence Editor does not use a grid then splits are made on the mouse location but snapped to the closest zero-crossing, if that is max 1 ms away.
If you want to have even more control over where a sample event starts/ends, open the audio editor and put markers at those exact sample points, and use these markers in the Audio Sequence Editor.
Also, 2. why when do splits on very near to the other the waveform on the right side shifts like it copying and inserting?
Because, in your example you sent via email, grid is off so snap to zero crossing is on, and as you are splitting at very close points you create small empty sample events.
There's a drawing issues on Audio sequencer, here is one
Mulab 9.5.30 - Audio seq bad gfx render 2024-04-15_.png
Will be fixed in the next M9.5.31.
Thx for reporting this.

Return to “MUTOOLS”