Reason Rack as super synth or collection of synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have Reason Lite. Definitely a decent collection of synths, including some interesting stuff.

Reason really never jelled with me. Too much of a closed system for too long, I guess.

agharta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:01 am
pdxindy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:56 pm
Jac459 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:22 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:13 pm It's very expensive! :o
It is cheap.... The problem is you need to own reason....
Like I said... :lol:
Reason 11 Lite supports the Rack and you will find that for about $10.
That's a very good point. That makes Objekt available at a ridiculous price....

You guys threw me into a (REX) loop :D
Reason is what kickstarted my journey into music, BACK in 2000 ! (I vividly remember when my friend pressed the TAB button)

Whilst I quickly moved onto Cubase, you got me to look back and WOW those new synths are really cool ..

BUT the buy/subscribe formula is either very expensive or confusing.
I would however either buy independent VST plugin, OR, what I think would be a great move for them is to GIVE AWAY a FREE Reason Player with basic FX and synths (that everyone already has in other forms anyway) and offer the cool stuff as paying add-ons, say like UVI for example.

You guys agree? Nobody cares about Reason delay or compressor when you got the free Supermassive, TDR Molotok and a heap of other awesome free plugin FX and even synths (thanks U-HE).

Get me a Reason Player VST loader and I'll spend $20 to $100 for great synths and or FX.

paramita123 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:24 am You guys threw me into a (REX) loop :D
Reason is what kickstarted my journey into music, BACK in 2000 ! (I vividly remember when my friend pressed the TAB button)

Whilst I quickly moved onto Cubase, you got me to look back and WOW those new synths are really cool ..

BUT the buy/subscribe formula is either very expensive or confusing.
I would however either buy independent VST plugin, OR, what I think would be a great move for them is to GIVE AWAY a FREE Reason Player with basic FX and synths (that everyone already has in other forms anyway) and offer the cool stuff as paying add-ons, say like UVI for example.

You guys agree? Nobody cares about Reason delay or compressor when you got the free Supermassive, TDR Molotok and a heap of other awesome free plugin FX and even synths (thanks U-HE).

Get me a Reason Player VST loader and I'll spend $20 to $100 for great synths and or FX.
Well I fully agree.

They need to be back in every music maker computer.
Only a free reason rack can make it happen....

They kinda did this with the relatively inexpensive Live Lite. But subsequently dropped it from the product range :(

I would guess it's partly because it made the support situation more complex. Absurdly, Lite users were not allowed to buy the "Synthetic Rig" expansion pack because as well as a bunch of new instruments (which they would be able to use) it included a few presets for instruments that they could not use.

Can anyone here confirm whether Objekt works in Reason 11 Lite?
It states the following:
"Requires Reason 10.1 or later. The included Combinator patches require Reason 12."

So no Combinator patches which is fine as long as the main synth works!

Keep in mind that it's available in the reward store for those that have points:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewards/

agharta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:40 pm Can anyone here confirm whether Objekt works in Reason 11 Lite?
It states the following:
"Requires Reason 10.1 or later. The included Combinator patches require Reason 12."

So no Combinator patches which is fine as long as the main synth works!

Keep in mind that it's available in the reward store for those that have points:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rewards/
Yes you are good with 11 lite... And I really don't love their combinator patches of Objekt (which has a ton of other awesome patches). So you are not missing anything.

Kinda funny to read through this thread... all the posts saying that Reason's DAW isn't up to par amuse me. :-D

Of course it lacks ARA - but so do Bitwig and Live. Both of these only got comping recently, while Reason had it for years already, and it's amongst the best on the market. And it at least also has a built-in very good pitch-editor, which neither Bitwig nor Live have. Also none of these two have anything that even comes anywhere close to Reason's Blocks - so in certain regards Reason as a DAW runs circles around some of its competitors.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:34 am so in certain regards Reason as a DAW runs circles around some of its competitors.
The key is that the DAW works for you allowing you to make music the way you like :love:
Most DAW debates are a bit useless as we all have our working styles and most DAWs can accomplish most of what we need. I've worked with 5 of the major DAWs on various projects and they're all good.

The regrettable thing about Reason is not the DAW aspect but the price point and the lack of integration as a plugin Instrument. I envy you guys playing with Objekt and the other awesome synths. :hyper:

paramita123 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:52 am Most DAW debates are a bit useless as we all have our working styles and most DAWs can accomplish most of what we need. I've worked with 5 of the major DAWs on various projects and they're all good.
Exactly this. Each and every DAW has its own individual flaws and missing features, just like it has its own individual strength - which was my point.

The problem with Reason is just that they haven't really touched the DAW-part for years - and they're not improving the situation by keeping to ignore this fact.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:08 am
The problem with Reason is just that they haven't really touched the DAW-part for years
This is why I left Reason around 2000 and moved to Cubase SX, better functionality and just visibility.

I actually just found a download of Reason 11 Lite for Focusrite Collective which I'm in, but I have no license so can't open in Cubase :dog:

Jac459 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:39 am
Also, you get 20 reward points for each license that you register.
So if you buy four of them at ten bucks each, you will be eligible for a 75 bucks voucher which will allow you to buy Objekt at no extra cost.
$40 for Reason Lite plus Objekt is a bargain.
The sale ends either today or tomorrow, so be quick.

agharta wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:51 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:39 am
Also, you get 20 reward points for each license that you register.
So if you buy four of them at ten bucks each, you will be eligible for a 75 bucks voucher which will allow you to buy Objekt at no extra cost.
$40 for Reason Lite plus Objekt is a bargain.
The sale ends either today or tomorrow, so be quick.
Where do you get Reason Rack for $10?
And where do you get the licenses?

You can’t

paramita123 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:17 am Where do you get Reason Rack for $10?
And where do you get the licenses?
Someone was selling Reason 11 Lite either here, Knobcloud or at VIC.
This was a trusted seller and it was yesterday and they had multiple.
That's a particularly low price though.

Return to “Instruments”