24 semitone pitch bends in kontakt!

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, new Linnstrumentalist here, very excited about the possibilities!

I found a way to increase the pitch bend range in Kontakt 6 from 12 to 24 semitones. For the bundled instruments (Factory Library), you edit the Options.nkp script and change a few numbers. Or just use the pre-edited files I attached here.

The files are named e.g. OptionsBendRange24B.nkp where B means band. There's also C for Choir, O for orchestral, S for synth, V for vintage and W for world. If you use the wrong one, probably all that happens is that the background pic is wrong. I also included OptionsOriginalB.nkp etc. for if you want to revert back to only 12 semitones range, although there's not much reason to do that. There's also OptionsBendRange48B.nkp for 4 octaves of bend.

Unzip and put all the files in documents/Native Instruments/Kontakt/presets/Scripts (if on a mac).

To increase the bend range of an instrument:
Load the instrument, click the wrench, click "Script Editor", choose the "Options" script (usually in the first of 5 slots), click "Preset", click "User", choose the file you want, click the wrench. The bend now defaults to ±24. To make permanent, close the instrument, and when kontakt asks you if you want to save the changes, say yes.

For non-factory instruments without an options script, I'm not sure how to adjust the range. Here's editing instructions for the factory instruments, maybe they will apply?

First save the original: click wrench, "Script Editor", "Options", "Preset", "Save preset...", save as OptionsOriginalWhatever.nkp
Next click "Edit", "Apply from", "Editor/Patch"
Find these 2 lines, they're about a quarter of the way down the page:
declare ui_slider $down_pbend (-120,120)
declare ui_slider $up_pbend (-120,120)
Change all four "120"'s to 170 for ±24 semitones (or 240 for ±48)
Click "Apply"
Use the knobs to set the up/down ranges to ±24
Click "Preset", "Save preset", save it as OptionsBendRange24whatever.nkp

If your DAW is intercepting keystrokes, preventing you from editing, use the standalone version of Kontakt.

Oops, here are the files:
kontaktOptionsBendRange24.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh wow, just found another way to increase the bend range, should work for all kontakt instruments.
Click the wrench, close all the editors, and go to the "Source" module.
Click the mod button, find pitch bend, drag its slider all the way to the right to get 12 semitones.
Then click "add modulator", choose "external source" and "pitch bend", so we have pitch bend in there twice! Set this one to 12 semitones too. Voila!
Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 1.49.18 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Welcome Kite, and thank you for your contribution.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”