AIR Music Technology HYPE

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HYPE

AIR Music Technology HYPE apparently wasn't accepted by the "market". Currently in the KVR "sale" and still not a topic. https://www.kvraudio.com/product/hype-b ... technology
First, it's not a successor to the legendary Hybrid 3. More like an Xpand 3. Many (too many) presets, but no organization function (delete or flag) - please include it in the update (but Air and updates... :D ).
Limited sound design function, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but just not comparable to 6xOSC Hybrid 3. Sometimes 2xOSC, sometimes not. No arpeggio, sequencer or anything like that... rudimentary effects, just a single type of reverb, unusual or simple delay, no chorus or flanger.
"AIR Hype is powered by four sound engines; FM, Wavetable, Virtual Analog and Sampled, created from decades of research and meticulous design." That could be the case, but nothing that can be clearly edited.
Some kind of Rompler?
I'm still undecided about the quality. Who motivates me to use this “plugin”?

Not me

Maybe it's not only about the product itself, it's also about the brand reputation. They literally put it to waste over the years...

Hype is an instrument they developed for the MPC hardware, it's OK, somewhere in between a rompler and a do it all synth. It's low CPU I'm sure, and sounds pretty good. Just disappointing they didn't make Hybrid or Loom for the MPC, with a new GUI for VST/AU.

I guess it's basically Xpand under another name and with a new GUI (which in itself was a dumbed down Hypersonic - I wonder if the name 'Hype' alludes to that?)

Hybrid, Loom and VacuumPro are three of my favorite softsynths of all time mostly in terms of sound quality but I like the UIs too, just wished they were scalable. AIR wouldn't need to do anything else with them than that and I reckon most people would be happy.
I don't usually hang onto older outdated plugins but I made an exception with these. I don't feel obliged to replace them with the newer AIR plugins.

Hype ? pfft

what's the next one gonna be called?
Scam ?

Return to “AIR Music Technology”