Eugene-Filter : pre-release UPDATE : VST3, VST2, AU (native Apple Silicon) + VST3/VST2 Windows

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

-As per NUSofting's policy of maximum transparency.

The native "Apple Silicon" AU and VST3 versions of "Eugene Filter"
(free and non-free) are ready on nusofting.com, I wanted to make them
available immediately. Trusting that Mac users who will download
"Eugene Filter", during this pre-release, will help us by reporting any
problems they encounter in using these new AU and VST3 plug-ins.

I will also guarantee those who purchase "Eugene Filter"
a no-questions-asked refund option within two weeks of
of purchase.

NUSofting is a small company that wants to stay small and collaborate
with musicians with musicians with direct communication, as it has
always done.

### Notes on downloads and installers (for any product):

1) Your computer may ask you to scan (or to wait for the scan)
for security of the ZIP file you download from nusofting.com, is quite
normal nowadays. And it does not mean that there is a virus inside.

2) Windows' installers are not signed through Microsoft
and you need administrator permissions to use them.
The Mac installers are signed by collaborator and friend Bernie.

https://nusofting.com/plugins/eugene-filter
:Currently 10 €
https://nusofting.com/plugins/eugene-filter-free
:100% Freeware

Video Demo Set 1: Eugene Filter Free and not Free : Guitar. No Talk
https://youtu.be/YRVWy6EcMc4
Video Demo Set 2: Eugene Filter : Guitar + Bass. No Talk
https://youtu.be/KJZHI0nmWgo
Video Demo "Eugene sings":Synth pad enhanced by the "Eugene Filter"
plug-in.
https://youtu.be/Lap5JBFlvrI

Will there still be an intro price when the Mac version is released?

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:11 pm Will there still be an intro price when the Mac version is released?
Yes!

Can we get native Linux support? :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:24 pm Can we get native Linux support? :)

That's possible in theory, but quite unlikely unless I'd get at least 100 requests that force me to install that OS.

liqih wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:02 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:11 pm Will there still be an intro price when the Mac version is released?
Yes!
Cool. I missed out in the echobis intro price when it came out. It had some serious buffer-related bugs on my Mac when I tried it (the buffer wouldn’t clear until I closed Logic). I hope it goes on sale again soon.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 pm
liqih wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:02 pm
Yes!
Cool. I missed out in the echobis intro price when it came out. It had some serious buffer-related bugs on my Mac when I tried it (the buffer wouldn’t clear until I closed Logic). I hope it goes on sale again soon.
Thanks, strange that nobody else reported that bug in Echobis AU on Mac so far. I will check that.
###
We hope to have this new Eugene Filter (AU/VST3) on Mac by half January, next month.

liqih wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:06 pm We hope to have this new Eugene Filter (AU/VST3) on Mac by half January, next month.
Or sooner :wink:

liqih wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:18 pm
That's possible in theory, but quite unlikely unless I'd get at least 100 requests that force me to install that OS.
I'm in principle interested in doing this, but:
1. Is it trivially easy to cross-compile a Linux version while running on macOS?
2. Is it easy to set up a Linux virtual machine with the correct build toolchain and then easy to build said Linux version within the VM?

blurk wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:07 pm
liqih wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:18 pm
I'm in principle interested in doing this, but:
1. Is it trivially easy to cross-compile a Linux version while running on macOS?
2. Is it easy to set up a Linux virtual machine with the correct build toolchain and then easy to build said Linux version within the VM?
1. As long as you are using cross platform libraries and frameworks, it should be fairly straight forward to cross compile the code. Mind you, I'm not a developer, but that is what I have been told.
2. It is very easy to set up a linux virtual machine in either Windows or Apple. As for the correct tool chain, it would need to be (as mentioned above), cross platform. If so, it should be fairly easy to do that too. One thing I would advise, is to not use the newest version of the distro you are compiling for. I recommend compiling against an older but still compatible LTS version, so that customers won't have to run into problems of having libraries older than the ones used when compiling the program.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

*UPDATE*

-As per NUSofting's policy of maximum transparency.

The native "Apple Silicon" AU and VST3 versions of "Eugene Filter"
(free and non-free) are ready on nusofting.com, I wanted to make them
available immediately. Trusting that Mac users who will download
"Eugene Filter", during this pre-release, will help us by reporting any
problems they encounter in using these new AU and VST3 plug-ins.

I will also guarantee those who purchase "Eugene Filter"
a no-questions-asked refund option within two weeks of
of purchase.

NUSofting is a small company that wants to stay small and collaborate
with musicians with musicians with direct communication, as it has
always done.

### Notes on downloads and installers (for any product):

1) Your computer may ask you to scan (or to wait for the scan)
for security of the ZIP file you download from nusofting.com, is quite
normal nowadays. And it does not mean that there is a virus inside.

2) Windows' installers are not signed through Microsoft
and you need administrator permissions to use them.
The Mac installers are signed by collaborator and friend Bernie.

https://nusofting.com/plugins/eugene-filter
:Currently 10 €
https://nusofting.com/plugins/eugene-filter-free
: 100% Freeware

We also have new doc, not included yet in the installers
PDF: Tips and info about Eugene-Filter controls
(Traduzione in italiano inclusa nel PDF)

liqih wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:32 am The Mac installers are signed by collaborator and friend Bernie.
A.k.a. blurk, if it wasn't already obvious to everyone here.

Also, just to clarify, the Eugene Filter builds are "universal" binaries so are still Intel Mac compatible and built for macOS 10.13 High Sierra onwards. However, I can't actually personally test the plugins that far back.
Last edited by blurk on Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:52 pmCool. I missed out in the echobis intro price when it came out. It had some serious buffer-related bugs on my Mac when I tried it (the buffer wouldn’t clear until I closed Logic). I hope it goes on sale again soon.
Are you talking about how Echobis just keeps going and going when the feedback knobs are maxed out? I've always assumed that was a feature.

No I mean that a signal that I had going through it would keep repeating even after turning the feedback all the way down. Even removing it and reinstantiating it in the session wouldn’t remedy it. It would still regurgitate the buffer from the signal I last ran through it. I could run a new signal through it and it would repeat that but it would also still have the old one in it. Only after restarting Logic would it go away. Really strange.

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:26 am No I mean that a signal that I had going through it would keep repeating even after turning the feedback all the way down. Even removing it and reinstantiating it in the session wouldn’t remedy it. It would still regurgitate the buffer from the signal I last ran through it. I could run a new signal through it and it would repeat that but it would also still have the old one in it. Only after restarting Logic would it go away. Really strange.
OK, that is weird. I have not encountered that one. In fact I can't even imagine how the signal could persist after removing and reinstantiating the plugin.

Return to “NUSofting”