Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

databroth wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:27 am
Borbolactic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 pm How does Myth compare with Synplant 2?
Myth is more so targeting the "temporal change" over time, it can get some simple instruments and plucks quite well, but it can do some cool rhythmic stuff in ways Synplant won't even come close to.
I think this, right here is where most of the confusion and dare I say disappointment with Myth comes from

Myth is fantastic with rhythmic sounds, but I think a lot of people see a synth plugin called "MYTH" that supposedly does cool things with samples and resynthesis and they want it to do all kinds of esoteric ethereal pad type sounds that are not rhythmic. Users want to import a violin sample and morph it into something else

You can do that with other resynthesis tools like HALion7, but not so easily with Myth.

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:08 am
databroth wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:27 am
Borbolactic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 pm How does Myth compare with Synplant 2?
Myth is more so targeting the "temporal change" over time, it can get some simple instruments and plucks quite well, but it can do some cool rhythmic stuff in ways Synplant won't even come close to.
I think this, right here is where most of the confusion and dare I say disappointment with Myth comes from

Myth is fantastic with rhythmic sounds, but I think a lot of people see a synth plugin called "MYTH" that supposedly does cool things with samples and resynthesis and they want it to do all kinds of esoteric ethereal pad type sounds that are not rhythmic. Users want to import a violin sample and morph it into something else

You can do that with other resynthesis tools like HALion7, but not so easily with Myth.
Myth is great with any sound. You're projecting what you want it to be onto it.

Ironically it's particularly good at evolving/ethereal type pads. It's primarily a synthesizer. It's not a sampler. It uses the temporal aspects of resynthesis as part of the sound design. It's not a purely resynthesis based device. ie. It's not synplant.

I think focusing on the resynthesis aspect misses out all the rest of it. Combining the Irises with resonators and other effects like Orbit, Comb filters, BTTF, various filters and the fantastic effects.

It's easily one of the most unique sounding synths out there and it's one of the easiest to get weird evolving pads from because of the resynthesis parts.

kraster wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:56 am It uses the temporal aspects of resynthesis....... I think focusing on the resynthesis aspect misses out all the rest of it...... it's one of the easiest to get weird evolving pads from because of the resynthesis parts.
So should we focus on resynthesis or shouldn't we? Because it's fans talk out of both sides of their mouth as you have done

And if course it's not a sampler, never said it was. It's a Synthesizer with resynthesis at its core. You have to load a sample of something for it to resynthesize it.

Focus on whatever you want to focus on. Just make sounds, if that is what floats your boat. Use resynth for some sounds, not for others.

Honestly i think the modulators could use some work, still you can accomplish whatever
u need to with them. Mostly i dont like the
style and workflow of them. U-he has good
modulation systems imo for instance. Yes
some kind of envelope follower is also sorely
absent.

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:49 pm
kraster wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:56 am It uses the temporal aspects of resynthesis....... I think focusing on the resynthesis aspect misses out all the rest of it...... it's one of the easiest to get weird evolving pads from because of the resynthesis parts.
So should we focus on resynthesis or shouldn't we? Because it's fans talk out of both sides of their mouth as you have done

And if course it's not a sampler, never said it was. It's a Synthesizer with resynthesis at its core. You have to load a sample of something for it to resynthesize it.
Lol, calm down.

There's a 90 day trial.

My point is that everyone is expecting it to behave like synplant when there's a lot more to it than just being something that resynthesises a sound 1:1.

You can make a sound in Myth without ever going near the Irises. It's more of a semi modular design.

The point of the resynthesis in Myth is something that shapes the sound over time based on the temporal content of a sample.

If you're looking for something that resynthesises a sound from Dawesome there's Novum.

kraster wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:25 pm
My point is that everyone is expecting it to behave like synplant
Calm down, most certainly everyone is not expecting it to behave like synplant

I would be even more bummed out if it was just a reskinned synplant 2.... Mostly it's a pretty cool semi modular synth that's over the top with it's CPU use and has some really cool resonators/ modal filters and a less than intuitive "resynthesis" section that turns samples into "something like a wavetable".
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

IvyBirds wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:52 pm
kraster wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:25 pm
My point is that everyone is expecting it to behave like synplant
Calm down, most certainly everyone is not expecting it to behave like synplant
"Users want to import a violin sample and morph it into something else"

That's what you said. Synplant attempts to recreate a sound and then allows you to morph it into something else.

This is your expectation with Myth when it's not at all like that.

To avoid reading the full thread, could someone share the general opinion on Myth?

m-ac wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:18 am To avoid reading the full thread, could someone share the general opinion on Myth?
a general opinion about a synth? well good luck....

Dawesome has a great demo; 90 days, without any constrictions; you can save presets, save state in DAWs... etc. in other words; fully functional...

it is a unique synth, capable of a lot. i really like it but i am not general....

There are yea-sayers, nay-sayers and some occultists too.

m-ac wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:18 am To avoid reading the full thread, could someone share the general opinion on Myth?
The Marmite modifier is the best feature.

Niche. That's the shortest summary I can think of that accounts for all opinions good and bad that have come before and the justification for making full use of 90day demo period.
Always Read the Manual!

"The" general opinion is it's divisive.

My general opinion is, it's creative and inspiring and fun. I'm into modular (both hardware and software) and like to tinker and explore, and Myth fits right into those urges. I've gotten some great sounds out of it.

There's a 90 day demo with no restrictions on saving and no noise bursts. No reason not to try it out.

Return to “Instruments”