Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elta Music makes a couple of drone synths - the Solar 42 is the newest I think, and it sounds (and looks) incredible. But of course, very little in the way of traditional musical playability, even at a price of just south of $2,000 USD I think.

Same could of course be said of the Buchlas, etc. And dozens of others.

They're quality instruments, but certainly not for everyone, and neither is this (quite obviously!)

There are a number of included Osc. sources that only render atonal sounds, but others work quite well, then a little mucking with the starting point and a few other IRIS parameters and you can achieve playability.

For example, start with the Init patch, load kit6 into an Osc., set the Iris position to around 7-8 o'clock, raise the Saw and FM a bit, give the Main ADSR a piano-like shape, and transpose the Osc up an octave. There's a nice keyboard tone there that can form the basis for a lot of playable sounds. Modulate the FM and Harmonic Ratio, add a few effects, and there's the basis for a ton of patches there, and you may get to places you wouldn't as easily with another synth. Don't even need a filter.

I get that's not how a lot of people want to work, and there's lot of work placing modulators for experimentation, etc., but this is just a lot more of a niche synth. So, no disagreement if someone doesn't click with, but for experimentalists and people who like "see what happens" sound design, I think it hits a sweet spot.

Would love a few quality-of-live additions - kinda wish Velocity and Keytrack were pre-wired to ADSRs, etc. But - thanks Dawesome for much for finally getting triplet and dot BPM sync! (Can we plz haz on the previously released synths?)

JoeCat wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:47 am Elta Music makes a couple of drone synths - the Solar 42 is the newest I think, and it sounds (and looks) incredible. But of course, very little in the way of traditional musical playability, even at a price of just south of $2,000 USD I think.

Same could of course be said of the Buchlas...
Your post mythstifies me.

plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 am
JoeCat wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:47 am Elta Music makes a couple of drone synths - the Solar 42 is the newest I think, and it sounds (and looks) incredible. But of course, very little in the way of traditional musical playability, even at a price of just south of $2,000 USD I think.

Same could of course be said of the Buchlas...
Your post mythstifies me.
Meaning peeps are willing to pay good money for niche kit that makes weird atonal sounds and not basses, stabs, strings, etc.

I don’t think you can judge the price asked and quality just on the breadth of a synth for producing more “useful” sounds.

Of course, there are other valid reasons people don’t like it. But personally I think it’s pretty successful at what it’s trying to accomplish.

saw it at VIC there seems to be a coupon code for Dawesome MYTH via the Tracktion site that gives an extra discount:

you can by it for $99 with the coupon

DAWESOME-LOVES-YOU
Last edited by WasteLand on Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Has this pun been mentioned already: hit and myth?

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 am Has this pun been mentioned already: hit and myth?
I have sampled your opinions and it seems you haven't constructed much positivity for this one.
No sample packs from you will leave something mything.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 am Has this pun been mentioned already: hit and myth?
Does your pool need to be patched?

hmmmm nice but it sounds too metallic and screechy for me, are warm pads/drones also possible? not demo'ed yet thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I've really tried, but I find it difficult to make anything that doesn't sound like a computer having explosive diarrhea.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 am
hmmmm nice but it sounds too metallic and screechy for me, are warm pads/drones also possible? not demo'ed yet thx
well it is my style, true. but even i can make warmer pads/drones. they are certainly possible. no problem at all.

https://youtu.be/GP2s8y9jy7k?si=wYsq_eTDuZXqR8_U

I have been enjoying Myth a lot themore I play with it but is too expensive for me and I can achieve similar musical outcomes in other ways - but I would buy Myth at $50 - I completely understand it is worth more but that is my budget. And of course Tracktion dont really allow license transfers just account takeover so I am reluctant to ever get something from them again

sandandpaint wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:16 am I have been enjoying Myth a lot themore I play with it but is too expensive for me and I can achieve similar musical outcomes in other ways - but I would buy Myth at $50 - I completely understand it is worth more but that is my budget. And of course Tracktion dont really allow license transfers just account takeover so I am reluctant to ever get something from them again
budget is always factor, of course.
the lowest price is now $99 via Tracktion, with the Coupon Code mentioned.

don't forget; you can have a fully working MYTH (no noise, saving presets, and save state in DAWs, etc.) for 90 (!) Days, if you register for a trial.

indeed Tracktion did change their policy, some weeks, or months ago? not long ago. perhaps they return to normal...

for me i don't mind NFR, i buy to die..... but i agree, it isn't a great thing, what Tracktion did.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:53 am hmmmm nice but it sounds too metallic and screechy for me, are warm pads/drones also possible? not demo'ed yet thx
You mean something more like this (no external FX were used)?

https://od.lk/s/818d6188534915c64b3cc3e ... %20Pad.mp3

WasteLand wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:25 am
sandandpaint wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:16 am I have been enjoying Myth a lot themore I play with it but is too expensive for me and I can achieve similar musical outcomes in other ways - but I would buy Myth at $50 - I completely understand it is worth more but that is my budget. And of course Tracktion dont really allow license transfers just account takeover so I am reluctant to ever get something from them again
budget is always factor, of course.
the lowest price is now $99 via Tracktion, with the Coupon Code mentioned.

don't forget; you can have a fully working MYTH (no noise, saving presets, and save state in DAWs, etc.) for 90 (!) Days, if you register for a trial.

indeed Tracktion did change their policy, some weeks, or months ago? not long ago. perhaps they return to normal...

for me i don't mind NFR, i buy to die..... but i agree, it isn't a great thing, what Tracktion did.
yes I have the 90 day demo. In my view it was incredibly unethical to change the sale conditions without 'grandfathering' ie new conditions only applied to new purchases. I have no problems with NFR although I prefer to have no restriction on license transfer but I do think they have been unfair. Hence I am reluctant to buy from them

Return to “Instruments”