Transpose Phrases, i don't really get what "Note" is doing exactly.

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
in the manual i read that transposing in "Note" mode will change the phrase but i don't get when exactly this is happening, because when i for example drag a standard bass phrase in a track and transpose in "Note" mode, the phrase shape will stay the same...
cheers
chris

Assuming you are using the general tab of the phrase inspector, yes, it moves ALL the notes up or down based on the slider. So, yes, it will keep the shape. But, the notes do get moved around, highest become the lowest, etc. Hover your mouse over the transpose buttons for info.

Yes, when the phrase includes bass notes and chord notes, it does behave strangely when you transpose it. I am looking at this. If the phrase has only chord notes or scale notes, "Note" mode will move bottom notes up by an octave if you transpose it up, or it will transpose top notes down by an octave if you transpose the phrase down. So it will not preserve the phrase shape.

EDIT: yes, I confirm the 'bass' notes are not transposed when other chord notes are. This is by design.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”