SERUM VS VITAL

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Vital

zvenx wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:19 pm For me it is a no brainer.. Serum is in my Prime Time Template, Vital has not even being used in any of my new projects for over a year. And in those that I used them for it was only because of Sound Author's fantastic presets...

rsp
Same here with a slight difference: I bought the Sound Author preset for fun and for supporting him. He's an amazing sound designer. I wish he would have done some work for Serum (like The Unfinished). It would be "faster than an Instant" purchase :D
Serum is my primary tool of production.
MuLab of course :D

Interestingly as I was typing this, I was thinking maybe I should try to cajole him into doing a Serum soundbank, but it may make more sense to wait on Serum 2 before he does that.

But yes I think he is an amazing sound designer too.

rsp
sound sculptist

_al_ wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:16 pm
PebbleInAStream wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:50 pm Vital is supposed to be more powerful, yet I never quite clicked with it. I've always wondered why that was, maybe just because Serum was my first synth love.
Exactly the same here. (Though I went Zebra then Serum)

For me, I think the problem with Vital is that the gui seems too... how to put it... knocked together, quickly and cheaply.
A proper skin edit can make a lot of difference in that regard. But for me, Vital’s workflow is unparalleled. It flows so logically and the whole modulation system is so quick and accessible.

Serum Yes… Vital NO

serum's on a league of its own

Return to “Instruments”