slight delay

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, I recently purchased the Vhorns saxophones plugin and when playing my EWI 5000 with the program, there is a slight delay. my knowledge about UVI workstation or Vhorns is very limited since I mainly use Kontact from native instruments. I tried messing the prefs setting to see if I can get rid of the delay but to no luck. I tried troubleshooting my EWI thinking that it was the problem, but the EWI plays fine with its own internal sound banks and with Kontact. I'm running out of options. Please let me know if you can help or provide a solution.

There should be no sound delay, so there must be some adjustments that you haven't done.
UVI Workstation works in the same way as Kontakt which means that you need to adjust the buffer size in the preferences and set it as low as possible (usually 128 is fine), basically, the lower the buffer, the lower, the latency.

Also since you are using an EWI, you need to select the EWI preset from the VHorns menu, this will lower the breath controller smoothing (also available in the preferences of the Vhorns page).

You should also know that there is a difference with traditional sample based instruments and the VHorns, the traditional sample based instruments will trigger a sample even if you blow softly in the EWI, but in our case, it will do the same as a real instrument, which means first only air noise and then it will do a crescendo that follows your breath CC.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”