Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

roman.i wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:50 pm
andypryce wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:49 pm Next week it will be 6 months since the 10.8 update and no bug fixes for 5 month so I am hopeful :)
Using 10.8.1 for a while now.
Yes, thats what I mean. 6 months since 10.8 and Its been 5 months since 10.8.1 Normally we should had seen a 10.8.2 by now

Yes, I see this tease as a somewhat Logic related hint for the upcoming event on Tuseday

Excited for what's next!

The quality of life improvements (sizable faders in the mixing window, improved sample browser, more theme and color options, updated GUI for older plugins, etc.) would all be nice. But the ONLY update that I NEED is more reliable MIDI sync of external instruments.

When I record MIDI from my PolyBrute into Logic Pro and then try to play it back, it VARIABLY plays back EARLY about 80% of the time. It’s like doing a look ahead for my External MIDI instrument and it gets triggered before the playhead has arrived to the region. About 20% of the time, it plays in sync. Drives me absolutely BATSHIT.

Emagic Logic was rock solid. When Apple took over, I began to experience very weird timing issues, like all of the vocals on one song were suddenly off by 250ms for no reason. I had to manually slip them back into place, off-grid.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I always highly anticipate Apple events because it most likely means a new Logic update, and since it has been a relatively long time since the last update, the next update is right around the corner.

This is going to be an iPad mostly event. I don't expect anything Logic related, tbh..
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Logic on iPad was a pretty big deal. Might be time for the next Logic iPad update and to give desktop Logic’s legacy synths and effects the new interfaces.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:52 am ... and to give desktop Logic’s legacy synths and effects the new interfaces.
I don't believe that's ever going to happen. They will rather be deprecated and hidden away
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

roman.i wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:29 pm Thanks for your time and help. While I mostly understand your steps, I am actually looking to record a software instrument/MIDI track to an audio in real time, not an external instrument. Sorry, perhaps I should have made it more clear.

For what I want to do, I think what I posted above is the only option.

I will keep in mind your suggestions if I want to record an external instrument. :)
Two options:

1. Your software instrument track send 100% to a BUS.
Open an audio track, input from that same BUS. (without input monitoring). Set output to No Output.
So in this case the audio used as "backup", but never plays.

2. Route output of your Software instrument -> Bus -> Audio track -> Stereo output.
In this case software instrument always plays through an Audio track.

Final step, as always, Arm both, record.
roman.i wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:54 pm Another neat thing you can do is to assign both to the same Group.
In the group settings, tick the Record option as well.
So, once you Arm one of them, the second arms as well.
Ploki wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:43 pm You can use a send to send an instrument track to a bus and use that bus as audio track input
(You can delete automatically created aux), you can then record arm audio and mute it, instrument will play as normal.

You can also route the instrument directly to a bus and enable input monitoring in the audio track recieving the bus, that way you’ll monitor through the audio channel.
Record arm both tracks.
Thank you for the further suggestions, friends. Life just got busier. I will try them out soon. :tu:

EDIT: Tried both of your suggestions and they are exactly what I wanted. Better than how I got it to work, as your ways are more proper/cleaner than mine. Thank you. :)

Logic 2 announced for iPad I hope it’s for Mac too
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Logic Pro 2 for iPad is just announced. Now it is official we mac users are left in the dust. We did not even get the new browser from the original release.

Let's wait ... maybe it will be a universal release.
Or we get F*ck'd and it will only be available with the new M4 chips in the macs this fall

There it is, Logic Pro 11:

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/

too bad they didn't adapt to the new iPad GUI

"Logic Pro for Mac 11 is available on May 13 as a free update for existing users"

I feared an imposed subs model. Thankfully, I was wrong.

Cubase v. Logic lol.
Last edited by revvy on Tue May 07, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”