Synth1 No Longer Working

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know why it's not working anymore?

When I load it, it's just inactive as the Bypass switch turns red straight away.

"No longer" since when? What changed?

sl23 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:54 pm Does anyone know why it's not working anymore?

When I load it, it's just inactive as the Bypass switch turns red straight away.
I was reported while ago a crash when two or more notes are overlapped.
This crash only happens on x64 versión of synth one.
But, it works fine on FL Studio from my tests.

I have no idea since when as its been years since I used it! lol

Ah, so that's the reason for it being disabled. Now you mention it, I do remember someone bringing it up some time ago. :)

Why does it work fine in tone2's NanoHost? Very wierd how everything works in that, even Roland VST3 plugins work in it, but not in MuLab? Not saying it must be MuLab, just odd that these plugins work in NanoHost.

Synth1, at least on the Mac side, has always been really dodgy and the latest version is AU-only. I preferred the VST2 version. I don't think the plugin has seen much true love for many years now and has only been lightly patched, which is a pity since it has a zillion presets and sounds pretty darned good.

My guess is that Markus and IL programmed around the quirks of various plugin makers, in the same way that the big commercial DAWs do.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I Have collected 22,000 patches for Synth1!
It works fine with NanoHost, even the Librarian works well this way too. Shame that NanoHost can't be used as a plugin bridge!
If you go to the DiscoDSP forum, you can add your vote to have DiscoveryPro load Synth1 patches. Which means more chance the feature will be added. :)

Have problems with synth1 too with Mulab 64bit , but problem is not new, since Mulab 7. Could not use synth1 64bit since beginning 1.12 and 1.13beta didn't work too. Because i'm using Mulab 32bit for all old 32bit vst it was not a real problem for me . Synth1 still working in 32bit on Mulab 9.3 32bit. But i agree Synth1 64bit is working on Reaper and Ableton for me . Synth1 1.13beta is still crashing Mulab 9.3 64bit after playing one midi note.

Then go to DiscoDSP forum as I mentioned above so that we can get Synth1 patches to work on DiscoveryPro ;)

EDIT: Synth1 VST for Mac 1.13 (ca. 2015) works in MuLab 8.33 under 10.14, but I just discovered that Synth1 AU for Mac 1.13 was updated in 2021 and runs in MuLab 9 inside Patchwork.
Nice!
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Aw! :( Then pop over and vote for patch compatibility :)

Noooo, not another plugin to learn ! ! ! :-o
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Lol it's not much different than Synth1. As they're both based on Nord Lead, so shouldn't be much of a learning curve.

I had a look and Synth1 is quite different from Discovery (and Nord) so adjusting to all those little differences will take mental bandwidth away from doing more fulfilling things like exploring legendary Tim Conrardy's cosmic Synth1 patches in MuLab 8.33 which is perfectly suited to doing that :love:

( but compatibility would be a good business decision for George )
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Yeah I tried a quick test of patch compatibility and found many differences!

I would still like to see it happen though. But it's such a shame Synth1 is no longer developed.

sl23 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:02 amBut it's such a shame Synth1 is no longer developed.
I investigated further and found the Mac AU version was updated in 2021 so it runs in MuLab 9 (in Patchwork).
So, synth1 IS working for mac!
:party:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “MUTOOLS”