Waldorf Largo 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sacer wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:06 pm I haven’t updated because I have read the feedback on kvr. Maybe lot of other largo V1 users have done the same and haven’t updated - so Waldorf could be thinking there is no interest in Largo, because nobody buys their update
No, of course I bought the update. I've been using Largo regularly for more than 10 years, it's one of my most important tools. I'm not that happy with the GUI, but I need future compatibility.

I made a custom init preset, with some macro mappings in Ableton Live. So it is quite usable for me.

Did they update PPG 3.V yet?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:32 pm p.s: Never sell a synth,today may consider it a trash,but tomorrow could become a gold.
That's my problem. With hardware ... :dog: :hihi:
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

electro wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:50 am Did they update PPG 3.V yet?
They barely updated Largo. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I have to say the largo update is a huge disappointment, the pop up menus are JUCE default colour still, which makes it feel very amateurish & the text in either skin is hard to read. It’s a real shame, I like largo a lot & having silicon compatibility is good, but the rest feels like an insult to me. I hope they will rectify it. I’d also love PPG to be updated, but not like this…

It doesn't sound to me like they have a proper team of software developers who are focusing on the computer side of coding.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Well... if you want to call one person a team, then they have one. ;)

Not sure if he doesn't do this only part time though...

DrGonzo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:17 am It doesn't sound to me like they have a proper team of software developers who are focusing on the computer side of coding.
Or a good graphic designer. Waldorf UI is stuck somewhere in 1992. Iridium / Quantum UI isn’t very aesthetically appealing or well considered either but at least it’s functional. Largo 2 felt like a poorly made reskin of the original.

DrGonzo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:17 am It doesn't sound to me like they have a proper team of software developers who are focusing on the computer side of coding.
I hope they are not party programmers like one i knew:)
He wasn't successful in programming,but become absolute party legend,everybody know him from some party - it's probably a word record ,he have few thousand pictures with glass in his hand somewhere surrounded by beautiful women,it's kind of party carer hahaha:)
If these guys are like him,i want my money back hahaha :)
Cheers :)

DrGonzo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:00 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:32 pm p.s: Never sell a synth,today may consider it a trash,but tomorrow could become a gold.
That's my problem. With hardware ... :dog: :hihi:
I envy you,never had a real synth,just midi kb...wanted to learn to play piano,but it's not my instrument obviously,too addicted to the guitar playing,since i was 15 y.o ...just feeling is different,holding guitar and touching piano keys are totally different worlds :)Cheers :)

Well there seems to be life over at Waldorf - they've finally replied to my ticket:

"we had another meeting yesterday and among others we went thru the points you sent us.

The issues can be confirmed and will be solved in the next update.

I'll let you know when the update will be available."

The issues I reported, as seen in Logic 10.8.1, Sonoma, M2 Pro Mac mini :

1. GUI size will not stick when opening a new instance. Always defaults to original size.

2. Saving a patch as Default in Logic's plugin browser, always resets the filter envelope's release to zero and it doesn't save the GUI size.

3. Still a little laggy when switching banks and clicking on that first preset. I know you "reduced" lag, but how about getting rid of it altogether? Like in the first Largo.

4. AU presets won't load from Logic's library browser or the internal plugin browser.

5. The worst one though is after saving a project, opening it resets all the filter envelope releases to ZERO across every Largo instance.

Is it harder to track down these issues if you're using JUCE rather than your own framework?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Depends how well the developer is familiar with it, I guess.

I don't know how long Marcus Thoss works for Waldorf, but, it's the first time I saw him on the credits, so, he might even be a hired gun.

If the company doesn't really care about its own product, I certainly find it hard to. :\

You can get Largo 2 for a very special price now. Only 162 €.

:ud:

Return to “Instruments”