Reaper 7 released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

THE INTRANCER wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:46 pm
Chipi wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:20 am :phones:
Wonderful professional DAW with incredible upgrades! for only $60? You guys are kidding me, aren't you? Wonderful sequencer! Perfect stability and lightning fast, Reaper v7 the N1 of the market...only Pro-tools comes close...

You're having a laugh, :lol: it doesn't even have any decent instruments or effects with nice GUIs.
Ahh, the DAW native instruments/effects syndrome.

We understand.

The only REAL issue in Reaper, regarding stock plugins, is the lack of a decent sampler. Bitwig. Live, etc., all have more than decent samplers for melodic and drum samples. RS5K just makes me sad.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:44 pm The only REAL issue in Reaper, regarding stock plugins, is the lack of a decent sampler. Bitwig. Live, etc., all have more than decent samplers for melodic and drum samples. RS5K just makes me sad.
It's a DAW....not a box of assorted chocolates :wink:
No auto tune...

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:44 pm The only REAL issue in Reaper, regarding stock plugins, is the lack of a decent sampler. Bitwig. Live, etc., all have more than decent samplers for melodic and drum samples. RS5K just makes me sad.
REAL issue?

Get the free tx16wx (limited but still powerful in the free version) or OneSmallClue Grace+Poise or, if you wish, a paid sampler. Solved. I don't really see any issue here...

- Mario

N.B. REAL issues for me are the having the DAW crashing or unstable / getting in the way of creativity and content creation flow / basic functionality missing or incomplete. Not the case at all here.

mabian wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:03 pm
REAL issue?

Get the free tx16wx (limited but still powerful in the free version) or OneSmallClue Grace+Poise or, if you wish, a paid sampler. Solved. I don't really see any issue here...

- Mario

N.B. REAL issues for me are the having the DAW crashing or unstable / getting in the way of creativity and content creation flow / basic functionality missing or incomplete. Not the case at all here.
They all suck. And lack native integration.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 pm
REAL issue?

- Mario

Enjoy your alternative DAW then with samplers with all the integration you need and don't suck. But .. With all you save with a reaper license compared to the cost of those alternative draws .. Won't you be able to get the best samplers around, and probably still have something left for other purchases?

If not, well again .. Enjoy.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:03 pm
REAL issue?

- Mario

Native integration ? Do you really think Halion is less integrated than Cubase if you use in another Daw. Obviously, the answer is no

Many people rather to have their own third party compressor, eq, synth, delay, reveb, modulation

Who really use these Go of generics loops, sample provided by Cubase, Bitwig etc..

Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:57 am Native integration ? Do you really think Halion is less integrated than Cubase if you use in another Daw. Obviously, the answer is no

Many people rather to have their own third party compressor, eq, synth, delay, reveb, modulation

Who really use these Go of generics loops, sample provided by Cubase, Bitwig etc..
Halion is not the Cubase sampler, the sampler track is.

It's all about the possibility to add a single sample and do something quick and creative with it.

Exactly, I meant the Sampler Track.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”