Multiple VSTi's in a rack

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My first post :)

I was wondering how does one set up a rack containing several instruments? I would like to create a rack that contains a piano and a string pad at the same time. But how?
I read the page on racks:
https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mulab/rack.html
No info on that...

As soon as I add a second instrument, the whole rack becomes silent.
Basically, this should be a very simple task, one might think...

Hi and welcome.
I think this has to be done in the modular area. Create a new MuX add two rack modules with a synth in each. Once you've set it up and saved it as a preset, you should add it to the Main Racks as you did previously, then when you play, it should sound both synths together.

I'm not sure that will work as I've never had to do it before. But hopefully that's all you need to do.

Good luck.

My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

There also is a preset called "Multi Synth Rack".
It's in MUX Factory Library -> Instruments -> Templates.
You can insert that in a rack slot and there you can easily layer up to 4 synths.
That preset also is fully editable of course, both the modular patch as the front panel layout.

Thanks, I will try that, see which option is easier.
Did you make the video just because of my question?! :o :oops:

Odd Fella wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:56 am Did you make the video just because of my question?! :o :oops:
Hehe it's a small habit of mine :hug:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

mutools wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:22 pm There also is a preset called "Multi Synth Rack".
You can insert that in a rack slot and there you can easily layer up to 4 synths.
That preset also is fully editable of course, both the modular patch as the front panel layout.

I don't see that in M7, which I am still using.
If it is a new rack, can I copy it from M9 to M7? I.e. are they compatible?

mutools wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:22 pm There also is a preset called "Multi Synth Rack".
Works fine in M9.

dakkra wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:45 pm
Odd Fella wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:56 am Did you make the video just because of my question?! :o :oops:
Hehe it's a small habit of mine :hug:
Very nice of you :hug:
I will try that now because the template suggested by Mutools is not present in M7...

Odd Fella wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:48 pmIf it is a new rack, can I copy it from M9 to M7? I.e. are they compatible?
Nothing in a newer major version of MuLab is compatible with older versions (that's generally what the major version change means).

But it's easy enough to set up a multi-rack MUX module and save it in your user library.

The only right way to do this is to insert MUX module into the rack and place all needed instruments inside this module. In MUX module modular area you'll see all MIDI and audio inputs/outputs of each instrument and will be able to connect them properly.

dakkra wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:07 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfWkZGpHUEk
Somehow I can't put the audio balancer on the front panel. In fact, it won't let me add anything to the front panel. So, what is it good for? :roll:
I wish Mulab would simply let me add 2 VSTi's into the first two slots of any rack and understand it and hence treat them equally. Like any other DAW I know does...
Why make such a simple task so clumsy? I think that might turn potential customers away.

Odd Fella wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 pmSomehow I can't put the audio balancer on the front panel.
Drag it next to the racks 8)

The Multi-Synth Rack is good for treating simple & complex layers equally -- whether you want only 2 plugins, or you want a sample, a synth, an oscillator, a sub-bass, effects, and audio balancers.

Better than other DAWs.
Last edited by Michael L on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:51 pm
Odd Fella wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 pmSomehow I can't put the audio balancer on the front panel.
Drag it next to the racks 8)

The Multi-Synth Rack is good for treating simple & complex layers equally -- whether you want only 2 plugins, or you want a sample, a synth, an oscillator, a sub-bass, and audio balancers.

Better than other DAWs.
Huh? The front panel is completely empty.

Odd Fella wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:03 pmHuh?
Ahh, I read your post that the Multi Synth Rack preset "works fine" in M9 so I thought you were using it. My post was about that preset. But I believe you are on M7. Sorry, I no longer have that version.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “MUTOOLS”