Getting clarity on pro license..

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings... I was about to purchase a pro license when I decided to read the FAQ section about it. This excerpt is a bit concerning "TX16Wx Professional uses a network activated per-machine license system. The license is activated and renewed at regular intervals".

The part that concerns me is the line about being renewed at regular intervals. What exactly does that mean? I assumed once you bought a license- that the product would be activated with no subsequent actions being performed that could affect it's status.

I assume you're a one person show and that selling a license is a side hustle? If there is no one else to handle things should something happen with you (knock on wood) where would this leave customers? When EMU failed and sold to Creative Labs, they tanked the EmulatorX and ProteusX products where they could no longer be activated via the server. I'm curious to know whether you have any fail-safes in place in case of a change of events? The license isn't a lot of money, but I would hate to loose the pro features due to something technical and unforeseen.

The licence is verified at periods of increasing length, to ensure, for example, a revoked licence is not misused. After ~6 months it will be more or less yearly. Is this perfect? No, but too many people try to scam and trick these things, so there we are.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Okay, good to know! The free version offers an insane amount of features to the point there's not a whole lot to gain in the pro, although those added extras are a good bonus. My main interest in the pro version was mainly gaining use of the FX section. I have the full versions of Kontakt, Halion, Groove Agent and a plethora of other comparable products, so I'm covered on any missing features of pro. I jump all over the place and have never consistently used any of these products for various reasons. I'm still learning my way around your product- because- I've only tried it here and there on occasion, so the free version will suffice at this time.

elcallio wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:01 am The license is verified at periods of increasing length, to ensure, for example, a revoked license is not misused. After ~6 months it will be more or less yearly. Is this perfect? No, but too many people try to scam and trick these things, so there we are.
This is a good start, but not the whole answer to pc2000's question. If CWITEC disappears, what happens to the professional licenses one year later? Would be possible to promise to give users some number of days of advance notice, with access to an unlocked version during that period?

Rest assured, if either CWITEC dissolves or I die or the universe reaches heat death, steps will be made to ensure TX remains available to users.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thinking about getting this or TAL Sampler, both seem useful for me. I don't like the need for online activations because I change my hardware setup relatively often. Of course I understand the reason but I don't know if the whole effort is worth the trouble (coding the system, maintaining the server, setting up a will etc.) for a small company, but who knows?

Also, to this
Rest assured, if either CWITEC dissolves or I die or the universe reaches heat death, steps will be made to ensure TX remains available to users.
I can reply: Rest assured, I will use the plugin only for myself, won't give it to anyone else, comply with the license agreement and store it in a safe place.

:shrug:

Return to “CWITEC”