Need help making Maizesoft players find their instruments.

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Maizesoft.

I've legitimately bought Infinity from Irish Acts Studio. It looked and sounded great in the videos - wonderful pad sounds. Except I can't make it find its instruments no way no how and the developer's not contactable - he's got a 'Contact Us' page on his website but he's mucked the fields up and you can't type into most of the asterisked-for-necessity fields, clicking on them does nothing, so I can't contact him there. And I've repeatedly tried joining his Korg Forum to ask him but there's hewge bugs there too and it won't let me join (I've got screenshots.)

I've tried putting the player and the .MSE files together in my .VST folder, the player just says 'Can't Find Instruments' on a blank screen. Tried putting the player with the downloaded .MSE files into its own folder in my VST folder, it still gets found (which shocked me considering it wasn't in the ACTUAL .VST folder but in a folder WITHIN the .VST folder) but it STILL says 'Can't find instruments'. The reason I bought it was to replace a copy that had gotten attacked by a really bad virus - I got ransomwared. I found a backup version of my original Infinity on an old hard drive I'd forgotten about and it finds ONE of the instruments - but none of the others I'd downloaded. And I've got a few other Maizeplayer instruments from corrupted Maizeplayers - I'm pretty sure the instruments are fine, it's just I've got nothing to play them with (they're all .MSE files.)

If I got a copy of Maizesoft, would it play ALL the .MSE files? I just want to play the instruments I bought. Also - separate question but something I've noticed -

Maizeplayers come up - always - as having 16 outs but you can't access 15 of them. Why is that? I mean they'd be great multitimbral - one player, 16 instruments instead of having to have one instance for each instrument, but nobody seems to implement the multitimbrality. Why? If I bought a copy of the software, could I implement its multitimbrality so I could have, in effect, a universal .MSE player with 16-slot multitimbrality - a bit like a Kontakt for .MSE instruments? When Infinity WAS working, the One Annoying Thing was having all these gorgeous sounds but you had to have a load of instances to use them all, and each instance was coming up with 16 slots but there was just no way to GET to the other 15 of them! I mean the Korg M1 Emulator and Kontakt manage multitimbrality, the Maizeplayer seems designed for it, if I bought a copy of the main software could I use the multitimbrality to play ALL my .MSE files so I didn't have to keep chucking E_mails at websites that never, ever get answered (assuming you can chuck them at the website, or forum Irish Acts, at all?)

Sorry for 2 questions but they are interlinked. I'm NOT trying to not buy creators' software or crack files or anything - I just want to be able to play all the lovely .MSE files I've legitimately purchased but the player won't find them. As they're all .MSE files, surely a Maizesoft player SHOULD be able to find them, no? If it helps, I've got screenshots of the problems I have contacting the websites of those who make these lovely sounds.

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

Hi ulrichburk,
When you bought the plugin, you downloaded a zip, right? Can you send a screenshot of the files contained in the folder after extracting the files?

Dear Quiet Music.

Loadsa pictures of everything!

Infinity zipfile opened.

What happens when I try to use Infinity.
What happens when I try to USE Infinity v 3 32 bit.jpg
Contents of Infinity.Instruments

Contents of Infinity Instruments.jpg
What happens when you click on Make a Selection in Infinity
What you get when you click on Make a Selection.jpg
Contents of my test VST folder. I took all the other instruments out and just left the maizeplayer ones in, because getting maizeplayer instruments to actually WORK is always a job from hell! Infinity v 3's the biggest challenge I've had so far - I wouldn't bother with them if the sounds weren't so good. It's just on the few occasions they DON'T crash, you do get wonderful sounds to use. Getting them to work is a total nightmare! (Hollywood Pads was the nicest one to make work. Classic Player I've given up on, despite having paid for it. If you want pictures of Classic Player's parts, tell me, I love its YouTube test reel, never gotten it to come CLOSE to working.

Also, why do they come up as being 16 part multitimbral but you can't use the other 15 parts? Anyway, here's the screenshot.
My VST folder with just the maizeplayers in inc Classic Player.jpg
Hollywood Pads works nicely. It's the only one I've ever had that does work nicely. As they're all Maizeplayers, is there a way of making Hollywood Pads play all the other instruments as well (like the Infinity ones) so I'm not stuck with a pile of lurvely sounds I can't use, or live in fear of crashing the DAW every time I try to use them? And also, is there a way of releasing the multitimbrality so I can use more than one instrument simultaneously in one player? I mean the multitimbrality's THERE so it's GOTTA be implementable, no?

If I bought a copy of the actual Maizeplayer package, would it open ALL instruments so I could then just buy instruments from people and use them without wondering when the system was going to crash (and with Maizeplayers, it's a WHEN, not an IF! Maizeplayer have gorgeous sounds but they are the dodgiest bits of programming I have ever come across. It's purely the sounds that make me keep on trying to get 'em usable!)

Anything you suggest, I will try! Not saying I'm holding out a lot of HOPE right now, but I'll try. If you tell me to buy a copy of the actual creation program because that'll read all the files, I'll do it.

Yours respectfully

Chris. DAW - Quick Score Elite Level 2. Yup - it's 32-bit, that's the other reason I try with Maizeplayers, they're still sold as 32-bit. I flog JBRIDGER to death a lot too, on other legally-bought VSTs! It doesn't work on .DLLS made in Maizesoft, though, it can't handle them (can anything!?!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Did you fix your issues?

Dear Lifescore.

Thank you so much for asking! Got one working that plays a bunch of the presets another one can't find - and morphs its skin to look like the other one when it's playing those presets, which is weird! Biggest prob's Auditory Labs Waves. Had to move all my music stuff to an external drive because I'm on a HEWGE budget here (NOT!!) and my computer's only got a small internal drive, which was mainly filled by Windows itself. Am saving (still!) for a new one - at the moment it's a 2T external caddy drive I use for music stuff.

The other player that plays some other presets doesn't like Waves' ones. Looked up Maizesoft and it seems to be good-but-buggy software - main 'bug' is it always comes up as Multitimbral - it says it's got 16 slots to put sounds in, bit like Kontakt, but you can only ever access ONE of them. There seems to be no way to get to use the other ones which is very annoying - but I lurve maizeplayer sounds so I put up with it.) Auditory Labs Waves has got all its presets in the same folder - in its own folder but within the same folder as the VST - and it can't find them. Tried re-extracting and replacing the .DLL loads of times, it still can't find them. That's hundreds, literally, of beautiful pad sounds I can't get to use which is GRRRR!!

Could it be it's hard-wired to look on Drive C for them, which I can't put them on because there's not enough room? If so, I'll buy a 2nd-hand hard drive from somewhere, put Windows on it and the Auditory Lab files and swap it for the current internal one (which is mainly just Windows anyway) but I don't really wanna do all that and discover it still can't find 'em and I should've done something else!

Any ideas? I've got about 20gig left on Drive C, the rest is Windows, and 200 gig left on the external drive. If it HELPS the Drive C situation - sorry I'm not more of an expert - there's a folder that's synched with the cloud storage you get with Microsoft Outlook (that was Hotmail!) If you use 3rd-party software, that folder's pretty small BUT - Windows THINKS there's 80 gig of it! Which is how much stuff is stored on the Outlook drive. As the stuff is safe on the Outlook drive, is there any way I could delete that folder without deleting the stuff on the cloud storage or make Windows see it as tiny as my 3rd-party software tells me it is? That extra 80-gig would let me store Waves' presets on Drive C no problemo but I can't work out how to delete it without deleting the stuff on the cloud - it's all shortcuts but Windows is measuring them like they're the full-sized installs (I THINK! Not sure about that but it thinks there's 80 gig on the hard drive, I've got about 80 gig stored on Outlook.....)

All ideas will be tried, trust me! I'm flat out of 'em.

Thanks again for asking,

Yours respectfully

Chris.

Return to “Maizesoft”