Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been over 2 years and all we're seeing is the standard bug fixes and minor improvements, so virtually nothing most of use care about.

Their roadmap from a year ago indicates R13 may not even be on the map for 2024. And many loose promises aren't fulfilled (though I couldn't care less about those either).

Not that I use Reason much anymore sadly, but its been in my arsenal since v3.
Have you tried Vital?

Reason 12 launched with some issues, but they’ve been pretty good at ironing those out so that things are stable again. I would hope there’s at least some more improvements coming before 13, because they sort of forced many to upgrade with that weird online activation move recently….

It's here... well it was in how I envisioned it in 2014. :-D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I've been a Reason user since v2.5 lol. Reason 11 Suite was my last upgrade and mostly bought that for the plugin rack. I lost interest after they dropped the Suite edition and started marketing the subscription model. Barely used R11 and have since moved on to Ableton and recently Bitwig. I never open R11 anymore unfortunately...

Wish they would have stayed on the same "propellerhead" path, but when they got bought out, changed to ReasonStudios and a new CEO arrived, things changed from innovating to "how can we make as much money off this IP with the least amount of effort or investment back into the IP". This is when I stopped investing my $$$ back into them and haven't really looked back since...

Psuper wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:08 pm all we're seeing is the standard bug fixes and minor improvements, so virtually nothing most of use care about.
You don't care about bug fixes and minor improvements? And who is "most of us"? I dare just one KVRist to chime in and say they agree with you on this. Ill givw you my Ferrari if that happens.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

I totally agree with him.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

joshuahardee wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:48 pm Wish they would have stayed on the same "propellerhead" path, but when they got bought out, changed to ReasonStudios and a new CEO arrived, things changed from innovating to "how can we make as much money off this IP with the least amount of effort or investment back into the IP".
The innovation stopped before they got bought out. Ego took over and it seemed like they wanted to be the "Steve Jobs" of DAWs with unique innovations and what came out of that? Record. Total crap. They should have listened to their user base and added a Record module to the rack for audio. Instead they rejected that idea because, "Propellorheads is about being innovative and different". That was their reply in similar wording.
They had great ideas and it didn't work unfortunately. But those great ideas stopped long before selling out
Last edited by ? ? ? on Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:01 pm I totally agree with him.
No you don't

Yes I do.

You have to givw him your imaginary Ferrari.

Oh, lol at the “Steve Jobs” of DAWs. Very innovative.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:10 pm Yes I do.
No you don't

I am very happy using Reason 12 as a closed system or rack. Good instruments and workflow. And sometimes I appreciate not having to deal with new versions and innovation. Makes me more productive, and my wallet is ok with that, too.

Friktion is a reason to get any version that supports the rack plugin. Their DAW is of no interest, not even the slightest, I am too happy with Bitwig…
The rack itself is a different approach to modularity, something I would not reject though its isn’t that innovative or inspiring either…

ralfrobert wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:36 pm I am very happy using Reason 12 as a closed system or rack. Good instruments and workflow. And sometimes I appreciate not having to deal with new versions and innovation. Makes me more productive, and my wallet is ok with that, too.
I more and more disliked the one or two year rotation of the DAWs I'm interested in as well. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that does for me is sucking money out of my wallet. I'm still on Studio One 4.6, because neither 5 nor 6 really brought anything substantial which would make me want to upgrade.

^^^ Studio One is the DAW that manages to look uglier with each new version; I wouldn't underestimate this.

S1v2 was pretty
Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 16.03.38.png
the plugins still look good thx to their legacy(S1v2 ^^^), but otherwise :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by xbitz on Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes

VST3 and Apple Silicon keep them busy, and they're going to drop the entire Authorizer-based update system. Good bless them for this.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”