Using ppooll in Max for Live

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all
I currently own Ableton Live 10 Standard, but am planning to upgrade to Live 11 Suite.
I came across the pretty amazing ppooll DSP environment for Max/Msp - which consists of a ton of different experimental synth and processing patches/modules that can be patched together.
Now I'm wondering if it is possible to use these modules in Max for Live.
I found out its not possible to directly use the whole ppooll environment in Max for Live, but have read that in Max it is possible to export a patch for use in Max for Live. Does anyone know if it would be possible to export single ppooll modules/patches for use in Max for Live ?
Thanks!

In general yes. It is possible. As far as I remember there are a lot dependencies of 3rd party externals. As long those exist for your OS and processor, nothing should prevent you from creating M4L devices out of those. With Max4Live you also get the complete Max environment to create your own patches or modify what you find in the internets…

P.S. I just downloaded the latest development version 8.5 and it has a M4L version in it… Didn’t test it though, I am a Max guy, not a heavy Live user…

Return to “Modular Synthesis”