Cableguys FilterShaper XL UPDATE + Intro Offer ENDS SOON

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FilterShaper XL

We are pleased to announce FilterShaper XL, the massively modulatable dual filter with an awesomely analogue sound.

A modern reboot of our classic FilterShaper 3 dual filter plugin, FilterShaper XL is designed for deep and complex modulation possibilities. We’ve greatly improved the sound of the analogue-style filter algorithm, brought the LFO drawing up to spec with ShaperBox 3, added a brand new Drive algorithm, designed a new resizable interface, completely rebuilt the preset library browser, added support for AAX, VST3 and Native Apple Silicon – and more.

FilterShaper XL is out now at an intro price of just €49 / $49 instead of €79 / $79.
It’s free for owners of the original FilterShaper 3 plugin – log in to download.

Watch our "Introduction to FilterShaper XL" with Joe at Cableguys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egNBv0Pp2eA

Features

Dual Filter with 20 Types
Explore a sonic palette ranging from classic low-, band- and high-pass, on through to notch and peaking shapes. Choose Warm filters that are fat and driven, inspired by the Sallen-Key filters of a legendary semimodular synthesizer. Need modern precision? Go for the crisp and clear Clean filters instead. And with two separate filter sections in series or parallel, you can combine filter types however you like.

Multistage Drive Control
Distortion brings filters to life – and with a powerful Drive section on each filter stage, switchable pre- or post-filter, that power is in your hands. Warm filters have added Resonance Drive inside the resonance feedback stage, emulating a real analogue filter pushed to the limit, for gritty textures and smoothed resonant peaks.

Best Ever DSP
Just like a high-quality analogue filter, FilterShaper XL always sounds great – even with the hardest, fastest modulation settings. It's all possible due to our best-ever filter DSP, with zero-delay feedback (ZDF) algorithms, resonance compensation, internal saturation, and oversampling of the entire signal path.

60 LFOs, 50 Envelope Followers
Simply click a parameter – Cutoff, Resonance, Volume or Pan – and start editing its main LFO and Envelope Follower. Use LFO 2 to shift your shapes up and down over time. Control the depth of modulation itself with a dedicated Amount LFO. And use the Speed LFO to rhythmically speed up and slow down your patterns.

Easy LFO Editing
The easy LFO waveform editing experience of ShaperBox is fully integrated into FilterShaper XL. Design any shape in a flash with a flexible Pointer tool, Wave Presets, Pens, Smooth control, and more. Draw curves, steps and ramps, bringing new rhythmic life to any sound. It’s easy, fast and fun.

Analogue-like Envelopes
The Envelope Followers share the analogue-like response and pro featureset of ShaperBox, with Adaptive Release, adjustable Threshold, Input Filter, and external Sidechain Input. Get filtering that tightly hugs the dynamic contours of any sound, for kinetic, magnetic effects.

Tons of Presets
No more waiting for inspiration to strike! A slick preset browser makes it easy to find the filtering patterns you need, with clear categorisation and fast search. And with 450 professional presets, you’re only clicks away from amazing filter rhythms, percolating resonance patterns, motion-packed sweeps, and more.

PLUS:
  • 4x oversampling for superb sound quality
  • Safe resonance mode for stable levels – disable for screaming self-oscillation
  • Soft and Hard saturation modes for Resonance Drive
  • Anti-click Trigger Smoothing for MIDI triggering
  • Resizable Retina interface with large LFO editing areas
  • Multiple oscilloscope view modes
Pricing

Intro offer: €79 / $79 Only €49 / $49 at cableguys.com
Owners of the original FilterShaper 3 plugin get it free at cableguys.com/login.html

Find out more, buy FilterShaper XL and try the free demo.
Last edited by Lee / Cableguys on Tue May 07, 2024 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can’t wait to try this out and free for existing owners.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Very very nice update!! Thx for the free update, guys!
Now I just don´t know anymore for which I shall reach out... Shaperbox or Filtershaper XL :lol:

Thanks for the free upgrade 8)

Used for 20 minutes. Super fast for great results. Filters sound superb (drive very cool). Very nice indeed. I upgraded to the bundle (pretty cheap) in the hope that they also update the old products to this standard (curve, etc). Well worth it just for FilterShaper XL.

thank you for this! filters are sounding really nice. [chef's kiss] also enjoying the modulation system as always.

bilrobins wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:09 pm Used for 20 minutes. Super fast for great results. Filters sound superb (drive very cool). Very nice indeed.
Glad to hear that!
bilrobins wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:09 pm I upgraded to the bundle (pretty cheap) in the hope that they also update the old products to this standard (curve, etc). Well worth it just for FilterShaper XL.
We're working on Curve right now :-) However no ETA yet.

Woah, very nice! And free for me!

I LOVE drawing the scope inside the knobs. I haven't seen anyone do that trick yet and it's incredibly handy. What a great way to visualize modulations.

Great job all-round.

Nice one. Thank you for the free upgrade!

Nice :)
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

cptgone wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:41 pm Thanks for the free upgrade 8)
Generous company with good support :tu:

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:50 pm
bilrobins wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:09 pm I upgraded to the bundle (pretty cheap) in the hope that they also update the old products to this standard (curve, etc). Well worth it just for FilterShaper XL.
Thank you for the free update I really appreciate it! When I opened FSXL I got excited because I could envision a Curve update. Curve is such a great synth. I am glad to hear and update is in the works!

Filters sound pretty good from the video. How do the filters sound compare to The Drop by Cytomic? I'm going to demo them a little later when I have more time, but I'm curious what people who own both think. Filtershaper XL should have better modulation being a Cableguys plugin.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:50 pm
Oh, that´s good news!!
This little thingie sounds so nice... it definetely deserves some love! :tu:

LenR_here wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:42 am Filters sound pretty good from the video. How do the filters sound compare to The Drop by Cytomic? I'm going to demo them a little later when I have more time, but I'm curious what people who own both think. Filtershaper XL should have better modulation being a Cableguys plugin.
Different sounds, I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I prefer the filter drive options here though.

And, most importantly, Filtershaper has bandpass and notch options for each of the filters, making this way more capable in terms of complex filtering.

Return to “Effects”