ATTENTION! For those who want to use Tracktion Waveform in their workflow!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I also tried to replicate that 'reset solo' crash but couldn't.
My only bug with lots of tracks is if I have a fairly full edit with lots of tracks routed to other tracks (busses) and then I add or delete a new track somewhere in the edit, Waveform sometimes messes up the routing. Eg: tracks 11 to 14 are routed to track 15. I add or delete a track above that and now those tracks either have no output or go to the wrong track.
Now, btw, I have noticed your 'modifier bug' where a modifier on a different track resets on reopening an edit (I think you posted that) That's annoying.

dysjoint wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:16 pm Now, btw, I have noticed your 'modifier bug' where a modifier on a different track resets on reopening an edit (I think you posted that) That's annoying.
Yes, I posted a note about this error. And, yes, this is very annoying: all settings have to be restored every time. And in this case, such wonderful functions become useless. Since I use modulation and automation a lot, this is very annoying.

here's another thing, monitoring does not register a latency, but a delay is present
By the way, what is Audio File Reading? and why does this happen with the value -0.00?)))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So, once again about the PDC problem. Even the proposed method from the FX23 developer, using its Psyscope Pro plugin, does not completely solve this problem for Waveform. Because judging by the built-in Waveform monitor, this monitor DOES NOT ALWAYS REGISTER A DELAY (screenshot above)! Further, even the found solution to the problem shows that somehow the midi signal affects the audio signal on the master inside the rack (why? why?). Turn off the midi signal (red lines) and the whole effect is lost - what's the point?. In addition, plug-ins that have a delay and are installed on any track leave their mark even when turned off (someone has already mentioned this), the delay of these plug-ins still affects the project. The plugin needs to be removed, otherwise the delay will have an impact.
I'm at a loss) there are too many obvious significant problems that have been around for several years, and they don't want to fix these problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And some more plugins that initially work incorrectly in Waveform, here is an example. This plugin works well, correctly, wonderfully, perfectly, in all other DAWs! And there is more than one such plugin!!!

https://youtu.be/JIebNDe1fGw

Look at the phase... The screenshot above shows the same thing.
How many plugins in Waveform work clumsily? Do you think it's about plugins?))
I have a response from Waveform developers to the plugin developer, which shows the narrow-mindedness of the former. And, by the way, I’ll add that the Waveform developers, for their part, corrected the misunderstanding in this case.

Here's another video. where does this figure come from? Tell me, please. What is the magic here, and why can't it be included in the program?

https://youtu.be/AT8YZ6lxfco

I am following this thread. There is always something to learn from it.
As it is sometimes hard to extract information from the posts which could be helpful for debugging the found issues, may I suggest to detail the environment in which they occur? Perfectly understanding the frustration and anger, I suggest to still contact the support and provide them the most detailed information possible for giving them a better chance for debugging the issue(s). The rants are perfectly understandable, and understood, but the situation might not change without as much collaboration as possible.

As I suggested it before, it could be listed, for example:
- the exact app and plugin version(s) in which these issues could be reproduced (Win, Mac, Linux, newest WF 12.5.11, which external plugin exactly and which plugin format involved, also happening when _only_ build-in plugins delivered from Tracktion with Waveform FREE or Waveform PRO are in use?

- does it matter if in the global SETTINGS there become de/activated other processes which might possibly delay any computing and/or interfere with the issue(s), like deactivating Hi-Res graphical rendering of the shown wave forms, processing audio tracks when muted, removing bypassed plugins from playback, changing low latency settings, 1 or max number of CPU cores in use, no 64-bit math applied, OpenGL settings, etc., activation or deactivation of the "plugin sandboxing", not only deactivating it for the currently used plugin(s) individually, but in general turning it off, etc.

For us users it might not be obvious why those things could be connected, but a sophisticated app like a DAW has to push a lot of data forth and back through the various segments of the various existing computer systems (various hardware and various OS), often having to share hardware resources, having to prioritize processes, having to split processes for parallel computing and later on collecting various calculation results and putting them together again, receiving finally everything synced at the output. A lot of programmed modules and programming interfaces will be involved. The more we users can narrow down a problem, or by our observations can suggest that certain parts of the app appear to not obviously interfere with an issue, the higher the chances that the programmers might find a solution to it.

Well, crossing fingers that problems become solved.
Best wishes.
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

talby wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:02 am ...
Hi!
Win10, Tracktion Waveform 12.5.11. The sandbox is turned off. OpenGL enabled. There are no other changes.
No, there was anger before, now it’s more like sarcasm :)
I think that all the videos and screenshots from here show the problems well. Support knows all these problems, they have a link to this topic and they read it. Everything was described and sent to support, right down to the project where the failures occurred. After which support simply closed the ticket. :)
I’ll add: plugins from fx23, which in the screenshots were tested by Pluginval :)

IT'S BEEN DECIDED. It is necessary to disable the "Enable Duktape Javascript engine" in the advanced experimental settings, thanks a lot to FigBug.

and another bug:

https://youtu.be/_6o1kvubDD0

Waveform crashes when using the "Reset all Muted/Solo..." functions. In an empty project, the bug appears after 80 tracks; in a working project, the bug appears somewhere after 65 tracks. This bug has been described several times and information has been repeatedly passed on to the developers. I hope this won't happen in version 13. BUT! I WOULD LIKE this not to happen in version 12, since it is not a fact that the transition to version 13 will be justified, useful, and not associated with further risks.

Try to repeat this failure. WIN10, WF12.5.11
Last edited by nowgad on Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and another bug:

https://youtu.be/OmVbbb-cObI

If we send a modifier to manage settings on another track (second, third, etc.) And insert the plugin on this other track (second, third, etc.), then the settings in the modifier reset, deleted, for these tracks

Return to “Tracktion”