ATTENTION! For those who want to use Tracktion Waveform in their workflow!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watchful wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:37 pm Tracktion has clearly closed his ticket and doesn't see any of this either way.
They know about this post. It's enough.
Vollofi wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:19 pm That's great, but what is your goal? Is this a protest against Tracktion?
The goal is obvious - to fix clumsy code. Modern realities show that this can be handled more correctly.
Last edited by nowgad on Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Another day passed?
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

UnionS8 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:34 pm Another day passed?
Another day has passed in which developers of other DAWs have improved latency compensation. For which I congratulate them!
Annoying, right?
Hi! Here, I will be as toxic as possible, and not only about the delay, but also about the glitchy operation of daw with a large number of tracks and automation.

I doubt, developers read this post (or even this forum). But it's funny at least ;-)
Waveform 12 Pro, Cubase Pro 13, Windows 11, i7-13700H

UnionS8 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:29 am I doubt, developers read this post (or even this forum). But it's funny at least ;-)
Just the fact that you smile is already good). Rest assured, the developers know about this post and have read this post :) information 100% :)

nowgad wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:25 pm
UnionS8 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:29 am I doubt, developers read this post (or even this forum). But it's funny at least ;-)
Just the fact that you smile is already good). Rest assured, the developers know about this post and have read this post :) information 100% :)
I have a smile as well and this is great! Are you sure they do read this post (and the forum at all) time to time?

Something about latency compensation :)
It looks like I should add 10 years to my numbers)
Last edited by nowgad on Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here are some options to solve the problem with pdc: :

https://youtu.be/YORdCYgEk7A?si=AFNMVoEQuaQfTkJU
Last edited by nowgad on Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've been struggling with version 12.5.11 for three days, I've already taken out the plugins using the gridder, and changed them among themselves several times, one and the same, something will break somewhere, it's just some kind of misunderstanding with some nice bells and whistles, I came back anyway on 11.0.1, for the life of me - it’s just stability. True, we understand that it is impossible to switch to the previous version from the new version - it is prohibited by the developer, the project does not open :D I think in the new version, it will definitely prohibit restoring from a backup if the backup was made in a newer version of the program :hihi:
цвет волшебства

Maarid wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:17 am True, we understand that it is impossible to switch to the previous version from the new version - it is prohibited by the developer, the project does not open :D I think in the new version, it will definitely prohibit restoring from a backup if the backup was made in a newer version of the program :hihi:
Can't you just manually edit the .tracktionedit file to refer to the older version?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

operandx wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:35 am Can't you just manually edit the .tracktionedit file to refer to the older version?
absolutely correct, just like I can edit a preset created in a micro sampler, specifying that it opens in the micro sampler itself :hihi:
цвет волшебства

I'm wondering how the recording function can crash TW? 4 plugins, only, and when recording sound, TW crashes... What kind of instability, what kind of nervous, youth or middle age is TW going through, that it crashes in harmless situations?

I glanced at this thread a while back and didn't understand the issue by the descriptions alone. I just watched the video; presumably this doesn't happen with standard 'render to wav' functions? I've not noticed any timing issues in my projects, though I haven't used Waveform much for a couple of years (since they rewrote the audio engine). If this is just an issue with using a plugin output as a recording input, when is this type of function useful? I guess going out through hardware of some kind, re-amping guitars or suchlike?
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:05 am I glanced at this thread a while back and didn't understand the issue by the descriptions alone. I just watched the video; presumably this doesn't happen with standard 'render to wav' functions? I've not noticed any timing issues in my projects, though I haven't used Waveform much for a couple of years (since they rewrote the audio engine). If this is just an issue with using a plugin output as a recording input, when is this type of function useful? I guess going out through hardware of some kind, re-amping guitars or suchlike?
Absolutely not. PDC problem. Waveform cannot properly compensate for plugin latency. For example, on the master track I always use sonible smart limit. The plugin has a delay, but while there is only one, it is not particularly noticeable. As tracks and plugins on them increase, which also have a delay, this delay becomes significantly noticeable. Also, if I suddenly want to record using Waveform, for example, notes from an arpeggiator, then in such a situation the notes are shifted. And Waveform can't handle it. But this has nothing to do with yesterday’s crashes: I decided to record a software synthesizer, sent the sound to another track, and when I started recording, Waveform just started to crash. After 5 attempts I stopped))

The problem with pdc is not limited to Waveform, other daws also suffer from the same problem. For example, in one of the posts above there is a video where developer and musician FX23 shows an example of solving this problem in Ableton using his Psyscope Pro plugin.

Return to “Tracktion”