Honky Tonk Harmonica Kontakt 7 Issues

Official support for: embertone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This has been a nightmare from start to end. Last night, I purchased the Honky Tonk Harmonica. I first tried to upgrade my Kontakt 7 Player to full but Native Access won't recognize it. Okay, no problem. I know I can still test the harmonica in the player in demo mode for 15 minutes. Here's where the problems begin.

1. I get an email with 4 download links. I don't know why but whatever. I download the first one and after jumping through God knows how many hoops and having to use two different unzipping programs in tandem, I get the first file extracted. The 2nd file, no luck. But I hope that the 1st file is all I need.

2. I open up Kontakt 7 player and try to load the instrument. I get a message that 91 files can't be found. Now they're in the NKX files but for some reason Kontakt 7 Player can't find them. I'm hoping the full version, if I ever get it activated, will fix this problem.

For now though, I need to know, do I need all 4 files? If so, why? Do the other files contain the 91 missing samples?

If I do need the other 3 zip files (files 002 through 004) then I am out of luck because I can't even get 002 to open.

Any assistance you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I am having the same issue. This is so confusing, and a real nightmare. Is there anyone who would know the process for installing Emberton Honkytonk Harmonica?

I've recently bought this VST, here's what I did, I'm on Windows 10:

1: Put the four downloaded files with the suffixes .001 - 004 into the folder that contains all my other NI content, e.g. E:\NI Content\Honkytonk Harmonica

2: Extracted the first large file with 7-Zip, this creates a new folder (also called Honkytonk Harmonica): inside that there are 2 subfolders: Instruments and Samples. Also 3 files, the pdf manual, a. nkc file, and .nkr file.

3: The remaining 3 large files, extensions .002, .003 and .004 cannot be opened by 7-Zip as they're not archive files. Instead they are used by Kontakt, no further action is needed with these files.

4: In Kontakt at the top left I went to Files > E:\NI Content\Honkytonk Harmonica\Honkytonk Harmonica\Instruments. In there is a .nki file. I dragged this file into the main area on the right, after a few seconds the instrument's interface loaded and it works with no errors.

They do mention on the website FAQ that products with no serial numbers cannot be added to the Libraries tab, so to run it you have to navigate to the .nki file again via the Files tab. You can use the Quick-Jump feature for this, instructions here:

KONTAKT MASTERY #32 - QUICKJUMPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW0pQiBHiQw
https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-t ... -view-menu

Return to “Embertone”