Anybody knows what happened to Ronan Fed? Everything has been deleted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love this guys body of work, he's very talented and it would be sad if he decided not to continue with his projects, as for posting on Facebook I've found them equally as bad as YouTube for taking down content for no apparent reason and in all in honesty plenty in the community will post videos showcasing his products on YouTube anyway. I wish you all the best whatever you do Ronan and thanks.

On another forum someone else was saying they got their account deleted and it was because of improper links and some really idiot rule about the Youtube logo or some nit picky thing like that.

I just followed the links from the product page here and had no trouble downloading it at all. It's pretty f**king good for a freebie and very impressive use of SynthEdit.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/pneuma ... /downloads
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It's maybe the same game as with Vital:
A person offers a very very good VSTi for free and then comercial companies are getting very angry and "kill" him.

This PneumaPro is really amazing, a multi-talent in nearly every aspect with a also a very good sound quality. Even the filters and effects can be very good.
Especially this reverb has quality witch I have even not heard in a U-He synth or effect.
Only many presets are are weak and agressiv, at least in my taste.

Please Mr. Ronan Fed continue your fantastic work !!!

MorpherX wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 pm It's maybe the same game as with Vital:
A person offers a very very good VSTi for free and then comercial companies are getting very angry and "kill" him.

This PneumaPro is really amazing, a multi-talent in nearly every aspect with a also a very good sound quality. Even the filters and effects can be very good.
Especially this reverb has quality witch I have even not heard in a U-He synth or effect.
Only many presets are are weak and agressiv, at least in my taste.

Please Mr. Ronan Fed continue your fantastic work !!!
Sometimes hate needs no commercial incentivation. I ran MVXSynths based on Synthedit for years and I always found more hate in plain users than developers ever did. In fact, noone showing its hate to me had a clue in software development, sometimes not even a clue on how a synthesizer works, the common phrase was: bad and phew presets.
And on the other hand mates like OdoSynths, InsertPizHere and some other showed a bit of sense critizicing or suggesting fixes or corrections with a lot of common sense, as any user should do.
It's been more than 20 years since Synthedit started to disrupt the VST panorama and the hate is already there, it seems easy to use but it's easier to vomit hate instead of helping or comment on how to enhance things from an understanding pov.
People are people, we can't change them.

Ronan Fed wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:25 pm Hi, I'm going to leave this message here so that some people don't start speculating and making wrong judgments with the little information they have (anyway they will do)
Yesterday I uploaded a video showing the presets of the Pneuma Pro v1.1.2 update, YT immediately blocked it arguing that it did not comply with the Community Guidelines and that it had harmful content (Firt time that happened to me)
I made the mistake of appeal. A few hours later I was notified that my channel was permanently deleted for containing all videos with "harmful and dangerous content" (10 videos of my plugins, no talking)
I have no idea why it happened (Maybe reports of haters or posted download links), but I decided to delete the files from Drive because it belongs to the same G account. And you already know my sad story with false positives... I decided to end this for now because this whole adventure with free plugin development has been more stressful than pleasant for me.
Oh, and the last time I dissapear in July 2023 I was just taking a break, it wasn't for the trolls or because I don't take criticism well, like some people said (I don't mind criticism, but it is very different from the constant accusations of distributing malware or "harmful content")

Finally I want to thank everyone who supported me with encouraging comments and nice words. And they realized how much effort this takes.

Bye,
Ronan Fed
Absolutely understandable. I am sure you will find a way to continue to do what you like and i wish best of luck.

Is it distributed as VST2?
That may incur in a license violation with Steinberg VST toolkit.

wikter wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:12 am Is it distributed as VST2?
Not as long Ronan has a valid VST2 license AND did not (yet) switch to the newest VST3 SDK for building the VST3 - as far as I understand.

ZonderP wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:57 pm
wikter wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:12 am Is it distributed as VST2?
Not as long Ronan has a valid VST2 license AND did not (yet) switch to the newest VST3 SDK for building the VST3 - as far as I understand.
He's using Synthedit. Synthedit can create new plug-ins, but Steinberg changed license to avoid new VST2 to be created. Only already existing ones updated.

New vst2.4 can be created, it's not just existing plugins that can be updated.

YGRabbit from Steinberg on Forums, relating a press article published in 2018 October, answering to Jeroem Breebhart in Juce forums.

https://forum.juce.com/t/steinberg-clos ... d/27722/24
Concerning VST2:
Plugin developers having already signed a VST2 license agreement with Steinberg could continue to develop VST2 after the first of October 2018.
After this date NEW developers (the one having not signed the VST2 license agreement until this date) will be not allow to distribute VST2 plugins.
Note that distributing or reverse engineering the VST2 SDK (partially or fully) is NOT allowed by the current Steinberg VST2 license agreement.
Thanks for your attention
Yvan
There's a thread about this here.
viewtopic.php?t=508845

If Ronan has in time (before 1st October 2018) signed a VST 2 License agreement AND not signed a VST 3 (3.7) Licenses agreement but instead an older VST 3 License agreement (any 3.6 or older), then I think he can without problems distribute both, VST 2 and VST 3 (given that he also uses that older VST 3 SDK to build the binaries).

In the License agreement which comes with the VST 3 3.7.10 SDK it says:
9-8.
Any and all prior Agreements between Steinberg and the Licensee shall be automatically terminated by signing this Agreement.
Which means, the VST 2 License agreement is implicitly terminated by signing it.

In the License agreement which comes with the VST 3 3.6.13.81 SDK it says:
9-f)
In case that Licensee has previously entered into an VST 3 Plug-In SDK Licensing Agreement with Steinberg such previous agreement are terminated by signature to this agreement.
Which - in my understanding - means, that only any other, older VST 3 License agreement would be terminated and replaced by the newer signed one, but the VST 2 License would still be valid.

A post by Urs from U-He (which released VST 2 and VST 3 flavors of their plugins for years)
in the 'Zebralette 3 Public Beta Announcement' topic (viewtopic.php?t=607153&start=45)
seems to confirm this:
Urs wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:29 pm There is no hope for VST2. We have updated to the latest and greatest version of VST3, which comes with the provision of ending VST2. We double-checked this with Steinberg: Within the next 12 months or so we have to remove VST2 from all our releases. By then our transition to CLAP as our internal format needs to be complete, i.e. not only our plug-ins but all our internal testing tools will be rewritten to use CLAP instead of VST2.

Yeah. I don't know why this discussion is needed now.

Return to “Instruments”