Anybody knows what happened to Ronan Fed? Everything has been deleted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Everything's taken down. His Youtube page, his website, even his page on this site. He was teasing his new release of Pneuma v1.5 on Youtube and now it seems like that's never going to happen. So disappointing!

Probably bought by a major player?

Went the way of the camel, perhaps...

FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

His website still shows up in search but McAfee blocks it as suspicious.

His plugins have been regularly featured in the German "Beat"-mag (download area). Me don't think he's suspicious ... maybe hacked?

How could somebody have hacked into his Youtube account, his KVR account, and his server (or at least his domain name) account?

Ronan Fed Up?

BenfordLaw wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:20 pm How could somebody have hacked into his Youtube account, his KVR account, and his server (or at least his domain name) account?
One email address and password used for all three...?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Ronan does not react well to negative critiscism, and has pulled all his products after being 'trolled' in the past. It's very likely that someone, or a group of somones, gave him hardship over his latest plugins, nube and/or aire, and he reacted by deleteing everything again.

It's a shame because his synths are really very good, but some people just can't keep quiet if they don't like something.

NikkiA wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:08 am Ronan does not react well to negative critiscism, and has pulled all his products after being 'trolled' in the past. It's very likely that someone, or a group of somones, gave him hardship over his latest plugins, nube and/or aire, and he reacted by deleteing everything again.

It's a shame because his synths are really very good, but some people just can't keep quiet if they don't like something.
This is what I'm wondering too. The guy is very talented. His music is really good, I learned a bit from watching his videos and his plugins were excellent. It's a massive blow to poor musicians who love his stuff. Both his music and plugins.

Maybe Ronan just got fed up with all the Toxicness around him.

I like nube & aire.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Hi all! I specifically went to the forum to ask a question about the disappearance of Ronan Fed, but I saw that this was already being discussed. I hope he's all right. I really liked his plugins, especially the upcoming update for Pneuma. In the comments on the video, Ronan said that this new update requires months of work. Maybe he did not cope with the task (this is just my guess).

vlcsnap-2023-08-07-16h31m46s919.jpg
This is from a FAQ video he put out before he took everything down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I wouldn't be surprised that the trolls got on his nerve and he decided to pull the plug. Giving away plugins for free is harder than people might think. Like David Hilowitz, the developer of Decent Sampler, once said: "Developing plugins is not for the faint of heart."

And for many reasons...

Firstly, if there are bugs, some people expect you to fix them as soon as possible. It makes sense if you're part of a company selling products, but if these plugins are all free, then it's a project that is done in the developer's free time. Updates will be slow because the dev is under no contractual obligation to do anything.

Secondly, it might come as a surprise, but as a developer, you get a lot of hate from the free plugin users and not so much from those who buy plugins. And when I say hate, I mean things like death threats, not just insults. It can go very far. Sometimes, it can be original; I once had an insulting letter in Spanish with an ASCII art middle finger. :lol:

Some people will request features for free plugins as if you're working for them. Some of them will ask for features that would take the plugin in another direction than the one intended by the developer, which doesn't make much sense. They almost want custom-made plugins as if you were paid to do that.

What I found the most surprising is that obscure musicians are always the harshest critics. When I receive an email from famous musicians or teachers from a respected University, it's always very nice and polite. From my experience, they are the nicest...

Return to “Instruments”