Sending a Midi message to riffer when playing live

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. Many midi and riffer questions seem to relate predominantly to using DAW.

I use Stage Traxx 3 to play backing tracks and it happily sends midi ‘note on’ messages to trigger articulations in Amplesound 👍. Amplesound sits in Gig Performer where I can mesh the external audio track with the VST. I also use a Pacer Nektar stomp pedal to trigger similar actions to initiate articulations such as poly slides, live and in real time. There are occasions when I could really do with playing some short strumming phrases and thought Riffer would be the right tool. However, I can’t seem to find how I can get my hardware or software to learn how to trigger the riffer ON and possibly OFF - any help would be appreciated, or, better still advise how I can utilise the strum facility and play the chords/phrase myself (but again the context is - live!)

I have come a long way in using Amplesound Strat to replicate the sound of Hank Marvin and The Shadows, playing all lead parts live. This would help take this to the final level - if it is a case of “RTFM” then can you point me in the right direction - I am primarily a kinetic learner so I find manuals only help after I have sussed it out 🙄

AxEdge wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:35 am Hi. Many midi and riffer questions seem to relate predominantly to using DAW.

I use Stage Traxx 3 to play backing tracks and it happily sends midi ‘note on’ messages to trigger articulations in Amplesound 👍. Amplesound sits in Gig Performer where I can mesh the external audio track with the VST. I also use a Pacer Nektar stomp pedal to trigger similar actions to initiate articulations such as poly slides, live and in real time. There are occasions when I could really do with playing some short strumming phrases and thought Riffer would be the right tool. However, I can’t seem to find how I can get my hardware or software to learn how to trigger the riffer ON and possibly OFF - any help would be appreciated, or, better still advise how I can utilise the strum facility and play the chords/phrase myself (but again the context is - live!)

I have come a long way in using Amplesound Strat to replicate the sound of Hank Marvin and The Shadows, playing all lead parts live. This would help take this to the final level - if it is a case of “RTFM” then can you point me in the right direction - I am primarily a kinetic learner so I find manuals only help after I have sussed it out 🙄
Riffer/Tab can be turned on/off by keyswitch A6 and A#6 (high velocity turns it on, low velocity turns it off)

Return to “Ample Sound”