Samplemodeling

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Solo and Ensemble Strings

Roger:
I loved the strings sound you demonstrated in one of your videos, so I purchased the solo/ensemble sound pack bundle. I love it.
Other than CC11 (Y) & CC7 (Z), do you use any other CC messages to achieve the expressions demonstrated? Do you use pitchbend for X? Is that CC1?

Hi Dano,

You may be referring to an old video that shows the sound being played as "Sample Modeling". Since that video was made, the principal developers left and formed "Audio Modeling", which has a superior "physical modeling" technology for the bowed strings and brass, and which I recommend on my "Recommended Sounds" page under the heading "For expressive bowed strings and winds":

https://www.rogerlinndesign.com/support ... ded-sounds

Sample Modeling's product is also good but it's purely samples and therefore has the same "snapshot" limitations of samples, like limited bend range, noticeable switching between dynamic samples, etc. I don't know how to set Sample Modeling's products but in general I recommend using the messages used for MPE (Channel Pressure for pressure, CC74 for Y-axis), even though Sample Modeling isn't MPE-compatible.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”