Updates

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. why don't you send emails to your users when a plugin is updated. instead we have to come here from time to time to be informed about the changes
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

Sending out mass emails is a pain for everybody, so I'd like to avoid that.
All apulSoft plugins have a button on the prefs to check for updates online.
All updates are announced on KVR and you can "favourite" apulSoft or the plugins you are interested in on KVR to get automated emails.

Oh and I also do not store user data on the server. I don't see a reason to do that, but it does make automated emails tricky.

Pflugshaupt wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:48 pm All updates are announced on KVR and you can "favourite" apulSoft or the plugins you are interested in on KVR to get automated emails.
This is what I need. Thanks
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

I own almost everything. Huge numbers of plugins. It's pain for people like me to research for updates manually. it is much easier when I am warned by email. the vast majority of companies work that way

Pflugshaupt wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:48 pm Sending out mass emails is a pain for everybody
it's not. actually such emails bring a smile to your face 😀

Pflugshaupt wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:48 pm Sending out mass emails is a pain for everybody, so I'd like to avoid that.
All apulSoft plugins have a button on the prefs to check for updates online.
All updates are announced on KVR and you can "favourite" apulSoft or the plugins you are interested in on KVR to get automated emails.
this is how i get notifications of updates. works fine. no complaints.

asstudioton wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:47 pm
Pflugshaupt wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:48 pm Sending out mass emails is a pain for everybody
it's not. actually such emails bring a smile to your face 😀
The pain is not receiving a mail. It is the sending, all the bounce-backs and all the mails ending in many kinds of filters. Such mails do look like unrequested mails very quickly and this leads to frustration for the sender and all the receivers not getting them. These days, sending out many mass mails also quickly leads to getting blacklisted by various parties.

What I can add in the future is opt-in automated checks into the plugins themselves. Seeing how few people actually use the manual update-check, I'm not sure it is worth the time though. And as any automated system, it would lead to more maintenance work maybe better spent on other things.

Return to “apulSoft”