Auto Mod / Vibrato

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know what happened. I used to be able to use the Mod wheel to manually control Vibrato...The auto mod still works by itself, and I can use the mouse to move the mod wheel to make vibrato, But I Can't get a midi controller to move the mod wheel. I can use my midi controller's mod wheel on every other virtual instrument, but not Any of my Ample Guitars.
And yes, of course I've unchecked Auto Mod in Settings.
Please Help, Brad.

braddiller wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:15 pm I don't know what happened. I used to be able to use the Mod wheel to manually control Vibrato...The auto mod still works by itself, and I can use the mouse to move the mod wheel to make vibrato, But I Can't get a midi controller to move the mod wheel. I can use my midi controller's mod wheel on every other virtual instrument, but not Any of my Ample Guitars.
And yes, of course I've unchecked Auto Mod in Settings.
Please Help, Brad.
Which daw are you using? It could be that your midi controller stopped sending the midi cc1 information. Does the modwheel work with other plugins? Can you try binding it manually? :dog:

You really didn't read my post. Did you.

My Mod Wheel and Pitch bend Work with Everything else but Ample Sound Products. There is No Midi Learn.

braddiller wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:03 pm My Mod Wheel and Pitch bend Work with Everything else but Ample Sound Products. There is No Midi Learn.
Could you right click on the pitch bend wheel, and check if it is correctly bonded to the respective parameters like the picture below:
CPC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, I've done that. Everything seems to be as it should. I can use my mouse to move the mod wheel on the Ample Sound Guitar and I get Vibrato. Using the mouse, the Pitch Bend does Not work Unless Poly Bend is Checked. Ample Guitar doesn't seem to accept my midi now, they used to. Everything else does. Except Ample Guitar PF, AGM2, AGML2, ABPL2. When I right click on the mod wheel or pitch bend to pull that chart up, for Ample Guitar PF there is no "midi learn", But there is midi learn in the rest....But they don't work, I highlight mod wheel/vibrato & click midi learn and the chart disappears. My midi controller is a Korg Karma... that used to work just fine with these plugins. And never had to use midi learn.

braddiller wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:03 pm My Mod Wheel and Pitch bend Work with Everything else but Ample Sound Products. There is No Midi Learn.
There's an easy fix in FL for that. :idea:

braddiller wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:45 am Yes, I've done that. Everything seems to be as it should. I can use my mouse to move the mod wheel on the Ample Sound Guitar and I get Vibrato. Using the mouse, the Pitch Bend does Not work Unless Poly Bend is Checked. Ample Guitar doesn't seem to accept my midi now, they used to. Everything else does. Except Ample Guitar PF, AGM2, AGML2, ABPL2. When I right click on the mod wheel or pitch bend to pull that chart up, for Ample Guitar PF there is no "midi learn", But there is midi learn in the rest....But they don't work, I highlight mod wheel/vibrato & click midi learn and the chart disappears. My midi controller is a Korg Karma... that used to work just fine with these plugins. And never had to use midi learn.
I don't know which daw you're using but in FL you can "browse parameters" of a plugin which includes all the CC's. There you can find CC1 which is always pitch/mod. I would check "remove conflicts" just in case. Other daws should have a similar option. Since the chart disapears, this sounds like some other input has overwritten it. Because another CC from your controller is constantly sending a Zero signal, this could be a stuck key or a trigger function.

I have a similar problem with AGL and pitch bend. Changing the pitch bend wheel no longer changes the pitch. I see the wheel move in the GUI but the pitch doesn't change. My settings look just like the picture posted above. I am using the latest Studio One. This used to work fine. I think the latest AS update did something.

Oh, and the mod the wheel no longer changes vibrato per the OP comments. Vibrato is always "off".

fretman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:13 pm I have a similar problem with AGL and pitch bend. Changing the pitch bend wheel no longer changes the pitch. I see the wheel move in the GUI but the pitch doesn't change. My settings look just like the picture posted above. I am using the latest Studio One. This used to work fine. I think the latest AS update did something.

Oh, and the mod the wheel no longer changes vibrato per the OP comments. Vibrato is always "off".
When did you upgrade the Studio One to the newest version?

Well, it's all working now. Not sure what changed. I think all I did was re-boot the computer. So all is good for - vibrato AND pitch bend. Just remember that there is no vibrato on the open strings.

Return to “Ample Sound”