Cytomic CF100 Discrete OTA JH VCF for VCVRack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congratz! :)

Urs wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:44 amCongratz! :)
Thanks Urs!
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

insta buy. well done.

andy-cytomic wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:25 am I'm pleased to announce the CF100 is ready for sale for USD 15 from the VCV Rack Library. Here is the info page with a BUY NOW link :)

https://cytomic.com/vcv-rack-modules
Congratulations! Insta-buy!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'd love this as a Bitwig Grid module :o

drsyncenstein wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:22 pm I'd love this as a Bitwig Grid module :o
Is there an issue running VCV Rack inside Bitwig studio? If you have it in VCV Rack that means you have it standalone and also in any other DAW you want and you only have to buy it once!

andy-cytomic wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:34 am
drsyncenstein wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:22 pm I'd love this as a Bitwig Grid module :o
Is there an issue running VCV Rack inside Bitwig studio? If you have it in VCV Rack that means you have it standalone and also in any other DAW you want and you only have to buy it once!
I was getting a weird error, but I don’t find it’s effecting my use. I think it was when I used the CLAP version. Maybe an update fixed it… it’s been a little while. Generally it seems to work fine, though.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Wow it's good to see Jürgen Haible still getting the acknowledgement he deserves. My roots are SDIY and he was a giant in our community.
Andy :tu:
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Beautiful filter, have been spending hours driving various things into it and playing with the input and output boosts.

andy-cytomic wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:34 am
In the grid i could use your filter in a Bitwig synth like polymer. It would be polyphonic, including modulation. Since your filter is polyphonic it would not take a lot of modules to build a poly synth or sampler in vcvrack. To be able to modulate it per voice from the sequencer would take more setup. And needs the vst version of rack.
I can do the same in Bitwig with 8 copies of the Drop (assuming it will land there).

There is another reason though; what you did for Ableton would be good for Bitwig too. But even better, when they are modules instead of synths.

drsyncenstein wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:54 am In the grid i could use your filter in a Bitwig synth like polymer. It would be polyphonic, including modulation. Since your filter is polyphonic it would not take a lot of modules to build a poly synth or sampler in vcvrack. To be able to modulate it per voice from the sequencer would take more setup. And needs the vst version of rack.
I can do the same in Bitwig with 8 copies of the Drop (assuming it will land there).

There is another reason though; what you did for Ableton would be good for Bitwig too. But even better, when they are modules instead of synths.
VCV Rack already supports 16 voices of polyphony with polyphonic modulation and even MPE. If Bitwig want to approach me to license analog modelling algorithms they are welcome to!

Owen_E wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:34 am Beautiful filter, have been spending hours driving various things into it and playing with the input and output boosts.
That is an excellent reason to stay away from forums! (but thanks for posting :tu: )

Congratulations on the release. I will pick this up soon. Hoping there will be much more to come!

I love how there are inputs for all the parameters, so that a module like Bogaudio's POLYCON can be used to create slight static variations in drive/resonance/cutoff for each voice when used polyphonically, without having to create copies of the filter for that purpose. It's a great way to increase the vintage analog feel, of which this filter already has plenty of to start with of course.

Henry Von Wilheimer wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:40 pm Congratulations on the release. I will pick this up soon. Hoping there will be much more to come!

I love how there are inputs for all the parameters, so that a module like Bogaudio's POLYCON can be used to create slight static variations in drive/resonance/cutoff for each voice when used polyphonically, without having to create copies of the filter for that purpose. It's a great way to increase the vintage analog feel, of which this filter already has plenty of to start with of course.
I plan on doing a bunch more with regards variation like this in the future, it's really important. There are many more internal parameters as well which can be randomised to create even more variation. Have a look at The Scream for what is possible with this sort of thing - it contains a full randomisation engine to either randomise or manually edit every parameter of every component in the model.

Oh yes, I'm really happy you plan on taking the idea of randomization/editing of internal parameters to higher levels in the future. The depth of The Scream in that way is amazing. Having some form of that on all your modules in the future would be a dream, even on things like modelled VCAs.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”