Apqualizr 2 analyzer display issue

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, a thing i’ve been wondering about is the analyzer display in Apq2. I’ve always used apeq1 in the past ( one of my first eq’s) and what always stood out in the analyzer was that i could see the tiniest peaks, with a precise and fast drawspeed. Apeq was my goto for almost everything, especially the best in small cuts.

However in apqualizer2 i can’t get that precise analyzer view. The tiniest peaks simply don’t show it seems, or the drawspeed isn’t keeping up.

If i compare the same signal in a melda eq or fabfilter pro q, often i see small peaks there that i don’t see in apqualizer2. The analysers are fast and clear.

Maybe my settings need tweaking but i’ve tried and i can’t get Apqualizer2 analyzer to be precise and fast. Apeq1 with the same settings is faster and show enough detail it seems.

Are there differences between apeq1 and 2 settings wise concerning the analyzer? Does it seem slow for other users?

There’s not so much to tweak in the plugin and sadly nowadays i often reach for another eq plugin when i can’t see what i need to see in apqualize2.

hmm.. I can tell you the analyzer works pretty much the same way for the same settings and running them side by side I see very little difference. The colors are a bit darker in v1, but that could be tweaked in the color scheme file in v2.
Drawing-wise v1 uses vstgui while v2 is built using Juce. Unfortunately there seem to be some draw-speed issues with the Juce version used, especially on very new versions of macOS and on windows if hi-dpi drawing is used. Is it that what you're seeing?
Also note that you can increase the redraw fps in the settings in version 2. By default it is limited to 30fps. Regardless of fps, the maximum peaks are always caught in the dsp.

Another minor difference I see is that v1 can zoom into the frequencies a bit more than v2, which I could easily tweak in an update?

What exactly do you mean by "tiniest" peaks? Tiny in time or frequency?

Return to “apulSoft”