Ample China ERHU Not appearing in Ableton Live (Windows 11)

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ample China Erhu

Dear Ample Sound,

I have recently purchased some of your excellent plugins - my Ample Sound user ID is eshort0401. The ABJ, AEBJ, ASL and ABU plugins were all activated and installed without any problems, and I can use them within Ableton Live 11 (my DAW) running on Windows 11. However, I can't get the Ample China Erhu (ACEH) to appear in Ableton. I have activated my licence using iLok and installed both the Library and the plugin itself. The plugin .dll is located in the same directory as my other Ample Sound Plugins, but Ableton still cannot find it. I suspect the issue relates to iLok, as the other Ample Sound instruments do not require iLok. I do not own an iLok dongle, but when I bought the ERHU plugin the Ample Sound website indicated this would not be necessary.

I have read all the relevant manuals but have run out of ideas to try. Do you have any suggestions for getting the ACEH plugin to work? I have also requested membership of the Ample Sound Facebook group and registered for the KVR forum with username eshort0401. Kind regards,

eshort0401 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:03 pm Dear Ample Sound,

I have recently purchased some of your excellent plugins - my Ample Sound user ID is eshort0401. The ABJ, AEBJ, ASL and ABU plugins were all activated and installed without any problems, and I can use them within Ableton Live 11 (my DAW) running on Windows 11. However, I can't get the Ample China Erhu (ACEH) to appear in Ableton. I have activated my licence using iLok and installed both the Library and the plugin itself. The plugin .dll is located in the same directory as my other Ample Sound Plugins, but Ableton still cannot find it. I suspect the issue relates to iLok, as the other Ample Sound instruments do not require iLok. I do not own an iLok dongle, but when I bought the ERHU plugin the Ample Sound website indicated this would not be necessary.

I have read all the relevant manuals but have run out of ideas to try. Do you have any suggestions for getting the ACEH plugin to work? I have also requested membership of the Ample Sound Facebook group and registered for the KVR forum with username eshort0401. Kind regards,
Hi, did you drag the Erhu license to your computer? Any plugin with ilok can work only when the license is dragged to your computer or an ilok usb stick.

Hi Liang,

Thanks for the reply! Yes I did drag the licence to my computer as you describe. The Erhu works in Rectangles, but not Ableton Live. I will try an uninstall, reinstall tomorrow and let you know :)

Ok I tried uninstalling, re-installing but still no luck...

eshort0401 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:10 pm Ok I tried uninstalling, re-installing but still no luck...
ok, I received your email and will get back to you ASAP.

I am having a similar problem with the Erhu in my Mixcraft Pro 10 DAW. Hope to see your solution. This is driving me nuts!

AMPLE SOUND sucks. It sucks really bad. I wasted around $500 on products which have endless licensing issues. Company not responding at all. I discovered AMPLE SOUND is some bogus Asian company with no real address. Their US address points out the the Mail-Box at UPS location! STAY AWAY FROM THEIR PRODUCTS !

There are many of us here that have enjoyed Amplesound products for many years with no licensing issues.

Return to “Ample Sound”