Freestyle 'mods' system AKA 'Kore 2 style morphing', now available

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Please head over to https://www.newsonicarts.com where the latest public-beta version of Freestyle is now available and features the new 'mods' system, including Kore 2 style parameter morphing and LFO modulators.

We welcome users to test these new features and send us their feedback here or direct to our support email address: support@newsonicarts.com

Best regards,
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Finally! This will be a lot of fun and a very useful sound design tool.

The LFOs are a welcome surprise. Personally, I'm ok with using the LFOs within Bitwig, but certainly for people that don't have a way to modulate parameters in the DAW it's going to be a good addition. Maybe a ramp up and down option would be good. And of course, in the long term, free running and audio rate LFOs make sense.

Is there an easier way to add parameters in the morph menu? It would be great if it was just auto-mapped. Some VSTs have quite a lot of parameters!

Finally, is VST3 coming with this update as planned or does it take longer?

Now I really want MPE. The next thing I'll nag you about :hihi:

wvshpr wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:17 am Is there an easier way to add parameters in the morph menu? It would be great if it was just auto-mapped. Some VSTs have quite a lot of parameters!
Currently no, although the new parameter search box for both mods and macros is quite a significant improvement we feel. Automap of all VST parameters by default would not be an option, some plugins have thousands it would make the system sluggish and unusable. We have plans for improving the favorite parameter system however and I think an option to add all favorites will come later.
wvshpr wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:17 am Finally, is VST3 coming with this update as planned or does it take longer?
Freestyle itself as VST3 will probably not be part of 1.7 unfortunately, while we have added VST3 support for Granite/Nuance/Vice, Freestyle will likely take a little longer due to the need to support the dynamic output configuration features.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:47 am Currently no, although the new parameter search box for both mods and macros is quite a significant improvement we feel. Automap of all VST parameters by default would not be an option, some plugins have thousands it would make the system sluggish and unusable. We have plans for improving the favorite parameter system however and I think an option to add all favorites will come later.

VST3 format probably will probably come as part of 1.7 unfortunately, while we have added VST3 support for Granite/Nuance/Vice, Freestyle will likely take a little longer due to the need to support the dynamic output configuration features.
Thanks for your answers. Looking forward to the release!

Andy Spence wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:51 pm Hi,

Please head over to https://www.newsonicarts.com where the latest public-beta version of Freestyle is now available…
Hey Andy,

any news on this? Are you close to release? :)

wvshpr wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:36 am

Please head over to https://www.newsonicarts.com where the latest public-beta version of Freestyle is now available…
Hey Andy,

Hey, yes the release candidate will be added to the user area very soon. We are just finalising some additional content for the official installer :)
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Andy Spence wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:31 pm
wvshpr wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:36 am

Hey Andy,

Hey, yes the release candidate will be added to the user area very soon. We are just finalising some additional content for the official installer :)
Did you run into unforeseen issues regarding the release?

I was debating with myself whether to post here again and ask about 1.7, but my self-control lost.

wvshpr wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am I was debating with myself whether to post here again and ask about 1.7, but my self-control lost.
In case you missed it, the 1.7 was released earlier this week
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:14 am
wvshpr wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:51 am I was debating with myself whether to post here again and ask about 1.7, but my self-control lost.
In case you missed it, the 1.7 was released earlier this week
Hi James, great to hear and congrats on the release. Good to have morphing back! This makes Freestyle even more useful and unique. I'll check it out immediately.

Btw., I missed it. I was looking for changes on the Freestyle page but it said (and still says) v1.65. I think you forgot to add that.

Yes fantastic, thanks

Duplicate
Last edited by wvshpr on Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, I can’t get morphing to work in the VST3. When I try to change macros in the Macro Controls section they are locked and return to whatever setting they were on. The VST2 doesn’t show any plugins other than NSA ones now. Rescan is to no avail. Morphing seems to work with those, though.

Am I missing something?

Hi, can you email us on support@newsonicarts.com so we can open a support request for you.
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “New Sonic Arts”