TAL Drum - discussion

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fladd wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:52 pm Thanks for implementing this so quickly, the panel mode now does the expected thing!

One last thing I really miss from TAL-DRUM is that it does not report pad names as midi notes to the host. It would be great to have that feature implemented at some point, since this would facilitate sequencing in the DAW by a lot (currently the best I can do is to manually rename the notes in my DAW to "Pad 1" to "Pad 16", but then I still have to guess what sounds are on each of them while sequencing).
Perfect :)
We discussed the passing of pad names to the host quite a while ago and I don't recall what the conclusion was, I'll check and update.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

Hello, on the matrix, will you have in future updates the Sample end and Loop end available as destinations?

Amazing work, really enjoyed the demo.

Grenoybel wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:03 pm Hello, on the matrix, will you have in future updates the Sample end and Loop end available as destinations?

Amazing work, really enjoyed the demo.
TAL Drum has just been updated but it's worth emailing to suggest the features you would like so they can be considered for the next update :)
There's a link near the bottom of this page:
https://tal-software.com/support
emptyvessel
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.

DuX wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:39 pm The reason people ask for a pattern sequencer is very probably because it is really hard to find a live jamming drum or sample sequencer that enables you to change patterns on the fly and make live songs arrangements.
Although I never use the sequencers in Steinberg's Groove Agent 5, you might want to take a look at that drum machine plugin as an all in one ITB solution. Of course, Groove Agent 5 is significantly more expensive than TAL Drum and way more complicated. But it is pretty powerful and comes with lots and lots of kits. There is always a trade off...
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

e-musician wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:12 pm I would also like to have a sequencer for TAL-DRUM.

It could be something like Cubases's very own Beat Designer but much simpler.
I really wish Steinberg would stop adding more bloat to Cubase and go back and rework legacy features like Beat Designer. Beat Designer is so archaic compared to the pattern sequencers in Logic and Studio One (and probably other DAWs with which I'm less familiar).

Yes, Cubase still has the Drum Edit view which was pretty groundbreaking for its time. But I don't think they have updated it in decades.

Steinberg keeps adding unnecessary plugins like "FX Modulator" in Cubase 12. I'd rather use better sounding 3rd-party plugins or FX chains for things like this and have Steinberg focus on the core DAW features of Cubase.

However, whatever they do, I hope and pray to god that Steinberg doesn't spend the better part of a year adding a useless "clip launcher" to Cubase. That would be such a monumental waste of time. If people really, really think they need those sorts of features, just use Live or Bitwig Studio. Please leave Cubase for serious songwriters and composers and not hobbyists who apparently can't seem to arrange their own songs.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

Improvements:

1. When saving a pad it shows the name of the kit instead of the pad.
Would be be very helpfull if when saveng a pad it would the name of the pad.

2. Reducing the tabs in the botom view from 4 to 2.
LoFi, Saturation and Compressor could be in one tab like in ADSR-Drum vsti.
This would be very helpfull when editing many pads with LoFi, Saturation and Compressor.
Now, when you want to edit these parameters in 32 pads you have to tab through 96 tabs. This is an horror..

Feature Requests:

Send 1 and a Send 2 where every Send could have Phaser, Chorus, Delay and Reverb.
Master FX with EQ, Saturation, Compressor and Limiter to only the master output.

MorpherX wrote: when you want to edit these parameters in 32 pads you have to tab through 96 tabs. This is an horror
If you click on 1st pad and shift click last pad in your pad chain or any pad for that matter, ( assuming you want to affect more than 1 pad ) you'll save on some mouse clicks by not having to tab through 96 tabs. It also works for most settings you may want to apply to many pads at once.

Hi,

Just checked out the demo. Are there any plans to add EQ/filter as per pad insert effect and stereo delay + reverb as send effects? I'd buy the plugin in a heartbeat if these ever get added :)

I own TAL Sampler and know that you guys already have hi-quality effect algorithms for the effects mentioned

Now that we can save a pad as a preset, which is great. Would it be possible to select multiple pads (whole kit) and save each pad as a separate pad file in one shot? I have around 40 kits 32 pads each kit. Saving each pad one at a time is a slow process. Thanks for continuing taldrum development.

zoikkis wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:01 am Just checked out the demo. Are there any plans to add EQ/filter as per pad insert effect and stereo delay + reverb as send effects? I'd buy the plugin in a heartbeat if these ever get added :)
There is a filter per pad with LP/HP/BP options but I agree a simple EQ would also be useful, making the fx structure more complex has been discussed, I definitely think a couple of master send fx would be great and we've talked about a master compressor too. Next update won't be for a while but I'd say we can expect changes along these lines. Patrick is very keen to keep updating and improving the plugins, he just has to spread his time over the whole range and leave time for support and creating new products.
FrettedSynth wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:00 pm Now that we can save a pad as a preset, which is great. Would it be possible to select multiple pads (whole kit) and save each pad as a separate pad file in one shot? I have around 40 kits 32 pads each kit. Saving each pad one at a time is a slow process. Thanks for continuing taldrum development.
Yeah I think that's a sensible suggestion, I'll pass it on to Patrick @tal :tu:
emptyvessel

I'm using TAL drum in Bitwig, as well as various other drum plugins. I've noticed that the only drum plugins that Bitwig can pull the pad names for are VST2 plugins. As TAL Drum supports CLAP now, is there a way to push the names of the samples loaded onto the drum pads into Bitwig?

FrettedSynth wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:00 pm Now that we can save a pad as a preset, which is great. Would it be possible to select multiple pads (whole kit) and save each pad as a separate pad file in one shot? I have around 40 kits 32 pads each kit. Saving each pad one at a time is a slow process. Thanks for continuing taldrum development.
This is an extremely good suggestion. Did it ever get implemented?!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

bmanic wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:29 pm
This is an extremely good suggestion. Did it ever get implemented?!
No not yet, Hoping it will eventually be added. Creating mixed kits would be a breeze.

Version 2.1.4 / 26.10.2023

Support for the TAL-Sampler talwav audio format.
This is great news for owners of both :clap:

Return to “TAL Software”