New Atom SQ Extension

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Creepr wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:36 am Hey there, V1.1 is now available! Here is the changelog:

Version 1.1
New Features
new preset browser features implemented. see manual for details.
New "empty device" menu added for the display buttons for when a track has no device.
Bug Fixes
the encoders for Remote Controls pages were locked to the first page. Now they follow the on-screen selection.
devices "bounce" at either end of a device chain. This has been resolved.
Move device buttons correctly light up, depending on if a move is possible.

Regarding the issue of the note input only being on channel 10....yes, this could be changed, however the controller itself sends all other note messages on channel 10, including aftertouch, pitchbend, mod etc. This cannot be changed on the controller. So at this point, I am leaving this as is: just setup Midi for the notes on midi 10.

This version is 1.1 because it is still using API version 17, and everything is BW 4.x compatible. As of 5.0 there is a new Java version and a new API version, so I will start a 2.0 script next, based on these.
Download link:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... E7346F3FC6

I did my best to check for any possible issues, especially with the new menus, but if there are any bugs that you all discover, just let me know. :)
Hi, thanks again for making my SQ useful again.
One thing I cant get right which I think other people have working here??

When I map the encoders they stay globally mapped to said device when I change tracks. Meaning I can only map one device at a time..... Am I missing something basic here??

Thanks again for your hard work.

HI @CRGxxx, that sounds like you have the controller hard-mapped to a track, which I know was in BW somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find the setting this morning. :D It is definitely not part of the script, you should be able to move between tracks and instruments as you please.

So, I reviewed what you all requested for updates, and so far I have:
1. Switch between RC pages
2. Display encoder mappings/values on the display when turning an encoder
3. Touch-strip modes (pan, vol, mod, other stuff maybe)
4. the ever-elusive step sequencer.

If anyone has something to add, let me know! I will start on these next. the "Editor" button is currently completely unused...I may tie some of these features in there, like mappings for the touch-strip, but if anyone has an idea what would be a good use for the display/buttons here, I am all ears. :)

Creepr wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:33 am HI @CRGxxx, that sounds like you have the controller hard-mapped to a track, which I know was in BW somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find the setting this morning. :D It is definitely not part of the script, you should be able to move between tracks and instruments as you please.
Hi Creepr.
Thanks for the response.

I now understand how it is midi mapping in general is supposed to work and my Beatstep Pro is working as it should. For some reason however my SQ still aint quite right. Perhaps its a problem with my system.

I am on V 4.4.10 (I will probably upgrade soon/if you recommend)
Win 10

The Beatstep Pro has plenty of knobs so its not a major issue for me right now.
Everything else is working great, thank you very much again.
I really feel the SQ is a superb controller for Bitwig. My son lent me his Akai Fire, I know Moss has done a mega job on that one however I really do prefer my SQ

Keep up the good work
I will happily buy you a pint sometime

I have an ATOM SQ myself, and it (and DAWproject) were pivotal in my decision to base my workflow around Bitwig and Studio One.

I've noticed that when I add a new device to an instrument track, I have to use encoder #8 to move through the devices and the large encoder doesn't work. Are there plans to enable scrolling through devices with the large encoder (as is done in S1?)

Yes, the current implementation uses encoder 8 for the devices, and the other encoders to scroll throu the other options such as device type or developer. I could move it, or add a remapping option down the road. Thanks for the idea. :)

Return to “Controller Scripting”