TAL Sampler now has a granular engine!! Public beta available.

Official support for: tal-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A full featured granular mode has been added in the Stretch options :love: .
We're still ironing out some bits and pieces but you can give a try. Feel free to post feedback and thoughts, please do keep it polite and constructive :)
Don't forget, this is still going through the resampler so you're getting a granular engine with TAL's fantastic DAC modes and vintage sampler sound!
Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 13.16.10.png
This will be a FREE update for existing Sampler owners.
In addition there will be a notch filter in the per layer selection
Layer filter and stretch algorithms are now assigned at sample/mapping level.
So within one layer you could have multiple different samples/mappings with different grain parameters, no stretch at all etc. etc.
NO FILTER option disables the filter for some resampler modes to keep high frequencies.
Beta for Win/OSX/Linux = https://tal-software.com/ :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

EmptyVessel wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:24 am A full featured granular mode has been added in the Stretch options :love: .
We're still ironing out some bits and pieces but you can give a try. Feel free to post feedback and thoughts, please do keep it polite and constructive :)
So within one layer you could have multiple different samples/mappings with different grain parameters, no stretch at all etc. etc.
NO FILTER option disables the filter for some resampler modes to keep high frequencies.
Awesome, how many grains are available?

simmo75 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:40 am
EmptyVessel wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:24 am A full featured granular mode has been added in the Stretch options :love: .
Awesome, how many grains are available?
I'm actually not sure, I'll check and update the thread.
emptyvessel
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.

nvm

seangm wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:07 amnvm
?? not your kind of thing?
emptyvessel

EmptyVessel wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:47 am
No it's not that, you can't delete a comment on KVR so I just put nvm instead of my original comment. I didn't realize this was a beta and at first I commented that it sounded like a great update. When I went to download it I realized it was a beta and "deleted" my comment by replacing with "nvm". I don't want to overwrite my existing TAL sampler install with a beta at the moment so I'm just going to wait until it's an official update. Whew, long explanation but I wanted to say I wasn't trying to be a wise ass or anything, just no way to actually delete my original comment on KVR.

New layout is much better! Grain stuff should be fun to try too, nice work.

seangm wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:05 am
EmptyVessel wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:47 am
No it's not that, you can't delete a comment on KVR so I just put nvm instead of my original comment. I didn't realize this was a beta and at first I commented that it sounded like a great update. When I went to download it I realized it was a beta and "deleted" my comment by replacing with "nvm". I don't want to overwrite my existing TAL sampler install with a beta at the moment so I'm just going to wait until it's an official update. Whew, long explanation but I wanted to say I wasn't trying to be a wise ass or anything, just no way to actually delete my original comment on KVR.
Hhehehe, right! Sorry to drag that out of you I just wondered if there was something wrong! Good to know it's all good :)
btw admins can delete comments so I can clean this up if you like. They really should allow you to delete your own comments tho!
If it helps, it seems like it will be long before the release version is ready although it's already very stable in my experience, I can understand you not wanting to run a beta though.
emptyvessel

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:14 am New layout is much better! Grain stuff should be fun to try too, nice work.
YAY! btw the main view that shows all 4 layers where the boxes look rather empty because they're bigger now with the matrix move - there's intention to use that space for something useful.
I'll make a feature walkthrough video once we get to release ready and the features are frozen.
emptyvessel

EmptyVessel wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:32 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:14 am New layout is much better! Grain stuff should be fun to try too, nice work.
YAY! btw the main view that shows all 4 layers where the boxes look rather empty because they're bigger now with the matrix move - there's intention to use that space for something useful.
I'll make a feature walkthrough video once we get to release ready and the features are frozen.
I still really think the fade needs to come back to the main window though. For simple one sample per layer patches, that's the one thing you need to go into the sample editor for. And the fade used to be on the main window, that's where it belongs, with the loop points. I hope that empty space can be used for that?

I also still think the sample start/end and loop points are clear enough on the main page.

Oh and the sample start/end and loop start/end markers in the sample edit page still jump when you grab them.

would have preferred if this was posted on some other date than April 1st
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Looks great! Can i install the beta additionally to the official stable version I use and work with both?

EmptyVessel wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:32 am I'll make a feature walkthrough video once we get to release ready and the features are frozen.
I am very much looking forward to that. Hope we don't have to wait for too long. :)

@EmptyVessel - Do you know if there's any intention to add further DACs and/or filter types to TAL Sampler (i.e. for it act like the sound of other samplers) ? For me is my favourite part of the plugin but doesn't seem to have been touched since late 2.x versions

ancient7 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:57 pm Looks great! Can i install the beta additionally to the official stable version I use and work with both?
On a Mac yes, you could move the previous plugin to your personal profile under username/Library/Audio/Plugins and the installer will put the beta in your main root/library... location.
On Windows I'm not sure I'm afraid, maybe someone else can comment for the Win side.
On Linux you should be able to do the move of the stable version too afaik.

I'm a Bitwig user so I just installed the CLAP version of the beta and can still use the VST3 version of the stable.
emptyvessel

Return to “TAL Software”