Unpredictable behaviours around pad clicking and actions

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting unpredictable behaviours when mouse-clicking and resetting drum pads. For instance, when I tried to replace a drum sound in one of the pads nothing happened. I was unable to remove the initial sample. Then when clicking most of the other pads, the audio preview didn't work. It did on the odd one. Then it crashed the DAW. Also, when resetting individual pads, I'm getting sporadic crashes. Doesn't always happen. Then Reloading of Speedrum works initially, but eventually I will get either a crash or this odd pad behaviour again.

I'm wondering - does Speedrum rely on any Windows components as no one else seems to be reporting this? I'm running this on an old, cusomised version of Windows 10 offline. The DAW is Reaper 6.77.

Of course, it relies on the system itself (calls to standard native functions, but also the native file explorer and similar), but it has an integrated vc++ runtime, so in theory it should work normally. Although, with the slipstreamed systems, everything is possible.
Is it the latest 1.4.9 version?
How much memory does the machine have?

Thanks for your quick reply.
apisonic wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:16 pm Of course, it relies on the system itself (calls to standard native functions, but also the native file explorer and similar)
I don't know if it makes any difference, but my drum samples are on a separate drive. There are three drives, one ssd for the applications and two hdd's for content. Could that be causing a problem?
apisonic wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:16 pm Is it the latest 1.4.9 version?
Yes
apisonic wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:16 pm How much memory does the machine have?
16GB

mgiambro wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:51 pm I don't know if it makes any difference, but my drum samples are on a separate drive. There are three drives, one ssd for the applications and two hdd's for content. Could that be causing a problem?
That shouldn't be a problem.

By the way, a new beta will soon be available on the Discord channel, with a new loading system (almost a complete rewrite), so maybe you can try it to see how it will behave on your slipstreamed system.

apisonic wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:10 pm By the way, a new beta will soon be available on the Discord channel, with a new loading system (almost a complete rewrite), so maybe you can try it to see how it will behave on your slipstreamed system.
Will do. Look forward to it. Thanks.

Thanks for both replies !

I will buy it (and hope for no crashes; but so far the free and demo vorsions work as expected) !

MorpherX wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:21 pm I will buy it (and hope for no crashes; but so far the free and demo vorsions work as expected) !
To give an update.. v1.4.9 has been stable for me since I deleted the Reaper project where I was experiencing problems and started a new one. It seems as though there was something screwy with that particular project.

I fully recommend this plugin. For what I want out of a drum plugin, it's the best out there.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”