Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And for my next request - the ability to selectively filter out definable midi parameters - patch change being the main one. I want to use a piano on channel four, along with a Minimogue patch set - I may go through many Mini patches, but I want the piano or electric piano or whatever Ihave on the accompaniment layer/channel to not change patch when the Mini does.
Dasher
The Soundsmith
It's all about the music. I keep telling myself that...

And now that I've had time to read the thread :8 I see that bob has been requesting the same thing. And saying it more clearly...

Let's hope. :D
Dasher
The Soundsmith
It's all about the music. I keep telling myself that...

Here's what I would request:

1. Either A or B (or both)

A. Ability to "reverse" UniWire. In other words, have the Laptop/PC act as the external processor to Receptor. (similar to how USB and Firewire audio interfaces work).

B. Ability to run more VSTs that are not Receptorized, such as TC Electronic, Elemental Audio Systems, Izotope Ozone, Wave Arts 5.0 bundle, and other premium plugins. This would require significant changes to the Receptor OS.

2. A way to organize and categorize plugins better, such as "Compressors" category, "Phasers" category, etc... Anything that makes the plugins more organized and easily accessible.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I own Receptor for a week now, it is simply amazing! I like to have the features mentioned below sometime in the future.

1. Clip board transfer function on the remote tool [Windows only, I know it works on Mac]. It took me 10 minutes to type in the RMX copy protection response code. It was a 9 minute nightmare. If this is not possible, an OS shell command using which I should be able to open a text file [transferred via network] and use Receptor's clip board.

2.User configurable install folder, I should be able to change the default install folder to my external USB hard drive. By this I can eliminate pc dependency.

3.Grouping function for plugs-ins, currently it is in alphabetical order, the list gets pretty huge within a month and it does get really confusing, hence I would love to have a favorite list of plug-ins. I have work around where I create a bank with my favorite plug-ins, but it stores all the previous settings that I don't want.

4. I would like to enter friendly descriptions for plug-ins, seriously over a period of time it is very hard to remember a Synth called ZQRazzpotamax, if possible I should also be able assign a hot key for plugs in, like [in my case] often used plugs in like RMX Ctrl-R should automatically load it on a selected "blank" channel. 

5.Memory usage /system load should be displayed as percentages on a status bar; there is no need of slider graphics like a cell phone to show my system is loaded. I feel over a period of time mere numbers give the same picture as the graphics and more over numbers take less system resources than graphical bar. Get rid of the graphic. The screen real estate thus obtained can be used for a handy little list of already loaded VST GUIs, I should be able to access the GUIs using single click, currently I should first select the channel and then go to the GUI.

6.A method to clear log files. I don't know if this is done automatically by the OS

7.Finally, all the above should not increase the OS image size drastically. [Oh Ya!]

Srikanth
http://www.srikanthd.com (http://www.srikanthd.com)
http://www.h1bees.com (http://www.h1bees.com)

I have Two thoughts that I think would be great to see,

1) The ability to copy channel settings from one to another. (Not Including the actual sound source), so for example if I have I nice FX chain on channel one, that I would like to apply to channel two, I can simply copy across the settings. Furthermore maybe there can be something selectable, so that you can copy acroos a choice of, MIDI settings, FX Settings, Routing Settings, or ALL settings.

2) This pertains to uniwire. Currently when using Uniwire in single channel mode a new instance of uniwire is needed to receive from each different receptor channel. It would be great if Uniwire could load as a VST plugin with multiple stereo outs (just like Kontakt, BFD, Stylus e.t.c). That way we would not have to have a new instance of uniwire to receive from a different receptor channel this would hopefully consume lest CPU time too. MULTI channel mode would also benefit from this because you could potentially bring over each channel individually and do mixing, EQing, (any audio processing) in the DAW.

Regards Phil.

PLEASE - Impliment some MIDI routing on the Send & Master FX busses for controllers. Why should I have to load 5 instances of Guitar Rig? I'm just trying to save CPU resources here. This would be a HUGE advantage!!!

be able to assign one of the front panel buttons (or a standard midi cc#) to control the 'next' and 'previous' patches in a bank for each channel and effects bus.

for instance, using the graphical interface, there are arrows you can press with the mouse to go to the next patch or previous patch in a bank. i want to be able to do the same thing from the front panel, or my keyboard with the press of a single button.

todd

My Big Three:

(i've mentioned them in various places in the forum before but i just wanted to consolidate them here for the sake of completeness)
1. Midi Plugins (i.e., allowing midi to flow from one plugin to another [and to the midi output], not just audio)
2. Support for multiple simultaneous USB-Midi devices -- currently this is pretty darn frustrating for me
3. Being able to decide what MIDI channel(s) to listen to for Controller information separately from what channel(s) to hear Note information on (e.g., Receptor channel 4 hears notes on midi channel 2 and controllers on midi channels 1&2)

I'm judging from the length of time since the last software update that a lot of improvements are happening as we speak. I'm certainly interested in what muse has in store for us.

Hi,
my best wish about Receptor improvement is ADAT INPUTS AVAILABLE!!!
Why not plug all of my keyboards in an analog-to-adat interface mounted on my live rack, plugged to Receptor with the adat pipeline, and mix all of the signals into the Receptor mixer with all those favourites etc...?
Anyway, thanks to have conceived our beloved Receptor!

Ciao.
NL3.

I'd like to get a keyboard version of the Receptor, maybe with 61 or 76 halfweighted keys (I'd love 76!) and 4 zones/layers please. I wonder I didn't read this wish already...
I'd sell my good old JV (I really love it since over 10 years...), my Keystation, my Laptop and my Yamaha S30 for a thing like this.

The reason is: I don't want to take a keyboard, a rack and maybe a laptop with external audio interface (for recording) on live sessions...why not all in one? One keyboard - and I could create the ultimate "stage synth" for me...end everybody could do this.

And I agree with the mixing feature. Maybe there could also be an expansion for more audio inputs ;)

BTW: Maybe there's already a DOEPFER/FATAR-Keyboard adaption available?

cbreeze34 wrote:3. Being able to decide what MIDI channel(s) to listen to for Controller information separately from what channel(s) to hear Note information on (e.g., Receptor channel 4 hears notes on midi channel 2 and controllers on midi channels 1&2)
I really agree with you : I am using on one side a yamaha to play and a Nord Modular as midi surface to control my receptor, especially to control the "Send 1" parameter of each track (the bus 1 goes into a delay plug-in).
Since I am using snapshot banks and mute one track or another depending on the patch, each time I change patch, my yamaha plays notes on a different channel : but I always have also to change the midi setting of my midi surface to control the "Send 1" parameter of the channel used... Which in the Nord Modular is not very accessible...
=> Another line for CCs in the "Midi Filter" window ?

JayVee wrote:Duh?? More RAM!

I can't believe no one has said this; but long before some of these great additions and improvements, I'd like to see the Receptor take 4 GB of RAM.
It seems to me that a lot of the problems of this unit come from loading the more CPU intensive Multi's.
I don't have a Receptor yet, and it is ALMOST the answer to my dreams (I'm a professional live keyboardist) but I can't see myself purchasing, custom ordering the largest available HD, maxing out the RAM (2 GB) and then having problems if I want more than just the best available piano's (which are big CPU hogs and have huge sample libraries)

Wouldn't an option of a 4 GB unit (expensive as it may be) solve many of the issues I've been reading about, elsewhere in this forum?
Isn't confident stability more important than, say, the luxory of an on-board sequencer? (No offence 2U moseslawn : )
I see we have the new Pro & Pro JR...thats great, but has any thought been given to the post above? Im still on the fence with you guys, I really believe this box needs at least 4 GB
mem to operate the plugs Im using. This post is from 05, this is 07...so are there any plans on bumping the mem? Dump the standard cpu, make options or upgrades in the form of HDD's and Ram. That would swing me over in a minute. Oh, and I like the silver face much better than the blue....Thanks, A.

I've only had my Receptor for 2 weeks, but I already have a bunch of wishes:

I would like to see a lot more midi mapping and processing options. I use Receptor as part of a live set-up with my Yamaha S90ES. I use the Multi setups to get split and layer set-ups and change keyboard setups within a song by changing the midi channel I am sending on. So, here is what would be helpful to me:

1. The ability to map individual midi control messages to go to the source plug in or not. Even better, the ability to change one controller number to a different number. Here's a couple of examples of when this would be helpful: My keyboard's volume pedal is always transmitted as controller 11. However, some plug ins use controller 11 as a default to set some parameter, like the Imposcar uses it to tune the second oscilator. Similarly, some plug ins default the mod wheel to filter cutoff. EWQLSO and Symphonic Choirs hard wire the mod wheel in various ways. Obviously, this can cause difficulties in any setup using a combination of the plug ins, or in which the mod wheel is used for something else. The ability to block or remap individual controllers on a per channel basis would be good.

2. The ability to map an individual midi controller to multiple parameters of a soft synth. This could be done by having the ability to map multiple soft synth parameters to an individual front panel knob, or by just allowing an indivdual midi controller number from the midi input to become multiple midi controller numbers in an indiviual channel. Preferably, with presetable ranges and offsets. There are many times when I would like to control a group of parameters with just one controller. Say, 1 slider on the S90ES moves 2 or 3 B4 drawbars
together.

3. The ability to assign various mixer controls to midi controller messages on an assignable channel, preferably with programmable range & offsets. Simplest example: I want to contro the Receptor's overall volume with the CC11 coming out of my S90ES. Since I'm constantly changing the S90's midi channel, I need the master channel volume to respond to CC 11 on all channels (omni on). Now, I have to route the output back into my S90s inout to get around this issue.
I'd also like to control the volume of a group of mixer channels with a single CC#.

Any of these things could be in some kind of pop up menu that you don't need to look at or deal with if the defaults are working for you.

K.

I completely agree with the previous post. To this I want to add user-definable velocity curves. Both a global curve to compensate for a keyboard's inflexibility to set these (perhaps per incoming midi channel to be able to compensate multiple keyboards) and a per-channel one to compensate for a VST's inflexibility in this respect.

Regards,
Louis

I agree with Louis.

However, both Louis and I used the phrase "per channel" which is a bit ambiguous. When I said this I meant the mapping should occur "per mixer channel" not "per midi channel." Using Louis' idea as an example, if the velocity curve could be set per mixer channel, then the response of multiple stacked VSTs (which in my case would be on the same midi channel) could be evened out, or set for various kinds of cross fades.

By the way, I really loved the sound of the Imposcar. However, I let the free period go by without buying it because having the tuning fixed to CC#11 made it completely unusable for me. So, having at least the ability to block or remap individual CC#s on a per mixer channel basis would have resulted in at least one additional soft synth sale. I assume I am not alone in this.

K

Return to “Muse Research and Development”