SmartEQ3 & TrueBalance Metering?

Official support for: sonible.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really confused by the scaling of the spectrum analysers in both SmartEQ3 and True:Balance.

Here's the same white noise source being sent thru a few EQs and analysers - The analyser slope is set to 3dB/Oct where possible (i.e. it's not possible in the Sonible fx)

EQ#1

EQ#2

SmartEQ3 :shock:

Analyser#1

True:Balance :shock: :shock: (it looks much worse because of the (fixed) aspect ratio)

Every other eq and analyser I own displays white noise exactly as you'd expect - a straight line showing equal intensity at all frequencies, so what is going on with the Sonible displays? They look insane compared to the others, and they're not at all usable when you want a quick visual reference.

Can we have an option to view a more conventional spectrum in both SEQ3 and TB? Adjustable slopes would be great too : )

Quiet here, isn't it? :roll:

I'll contact support.

Please post your findings! Thanks.

Went to support - looks like someone asked the question already (at least the why part)

https://help.sonible.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ite-noise-

"This weighting helps to better represent critical level differences as perceived by a mixing engineer."

I really find it hard to believe that any mix engineer would look at these displays and think, 'you know what, that really matches how I perceive the sound...' :-/

I've opened an FR, please add your voice and submit a request if you would like an additional, optional conventional view : )

Return to “sonible”