Speedrum (demo) not reporting note names to REAPER's piano roll

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've reported this to the dev in the sticky and he can't reproduce. I've decided to post here in case someone else has, or has had, this issue.

Wondering if some has this issue in REAPER portable, WIN 10, 64 it. Other plugins, such as RS5K and Groove Agent work properly but Speedrum doesn't.

I use Speedrum (licensed version) with REAPER on Linux, and note names seem to work fine for me. I realize that's not a very helpful reply...
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

I thought this was down to whether the plug actively supports this functionality? Certainly Sitala does, RS5K too but not Poise for instance. Speedrum never has for me so assumed it didn't but if it does for elcalen then..? Win11, Reaper portable install.

Edit: Hold your horses, just checked I wasn't talking rubbish and found the lite version does show the sample names in Reapers piano roll but not the demo of the full version...

Interestingly, Lite v1.0 has the same code for displaying note names as the full (demo) version.
Poise also shows note names for me.

That's interesting... I'll have a play later, start from scratch in case one of my templates is setup differently. Thanks.

Poise DOES report note names, I just checked. I'll have to install Speedrum lite to see if it works.

I found note names in piano roll behaving strangely on REAPER in the past depending on MIDI channel(s) involved... maybe this is the case?

Thanks,
Mario

Return to “Apisonic Labs”