apQualizr2 Feature Requests

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First of all, thanks for creating such a brilliant piece of software. It's a joy to use and has found its way into pretty much every project of mine. That said, I do have some feature requests that I feel would further increase its usefulness for me (and probably others):

1) Something akin to a range parameter in the dynamics module to enable control over the maximum gain change that can be applied

2) Sidechain Input Module, possibly with a dedicated "listen" button

3) Auto cable coloring - each new cable automatically gets a sequentially selected color

4) In the analyzer section, filters using aux. outputs could be drawn in the color of the first cable that is connected to their output.

5) Personal registration information could be toggled or removed from the main window and displayed elsewhere (so people can make videos without having to display their registration info, which is a personal email in my case).

It looks like #1 and #2 have been requested before, but I'm not sure about #3-5. I realize this is a lot to ask, so any consideration you might give these ideas is very much appreciated.

Thanks for your hard work :tu:

Asking is of course always fine. Thank you for all the suggestions and idea!
A new version is in planning. #1 and #2 should happen in the next update.
#3 is a new idea, I'll give that some thought because cable colors are definitely clunky.
#4 another idea that hasn't showed up yet. It feels a bit like this might get confusing quickly. Right now it's at least always clear which graphs are "aux" graphs that don't affect the main audio. I also think that there are already too many colors on that analyzer section. On the other hand using the cable colors is a nice idea to allow customization.
#5 is definitely an the to-do list. I am working on a solution that won't require displaying anything on the GUI.

Currently a reverb is under development and once that is more final, I will implement the new license/auth-system for that new plugin and then migrate the others over time. After the reverb, I'll do an apQualizr2 update, but this is still months away.

This sounds absolutely fantastic. Thanks for the consideration regarding the colors; I suspect the filter coloring might become more relevant after sidechain is added, as it seems like a sidechain input would encourage the use of more numerous/complex setups for detection. That's pure speculation at this point though, and I can respect wanting to limit the use of color in the visualizer to keep it clean and easily readable as it is now.

Looking forward to that reverb! :phones:

I just released apQualizr2 v2.6.0 and it includes #2 (sidechain) and #5 (no more showing the id in the gui). #1 (dyn range limit) will happen the next time in some form (right now, a "math" module) is planned that would support multiple operations including range-limiting.

I'm sure its been asked, but how about a resizable gui?
Loving the software as always

thanks..

Stephen

Excellent update! Sidechain is working beautifully; I have to offer my utmost thanks for your hard work. This exceptional tool just became markedly more versatile :clap:

Thanks, Tektra!

Vonnegut66, apQualizr2 does have a resizable GUI via preferences.

Hello,

Random idea. What about something like a trackspacer module. A module that reads the side chain input signals for clashing frequencies in the spectrum and duck them. Being able to control attack, release, mid-side, freeze, pan, delta signal, etc.

Love the new reverb. As a bundle owner they gave me a massive discount, which was greatly appreciated.

Pflugshaupt wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:03 pm I just released apQualizr2 v2.6.0 and it includes #2 (sidechain) and #5 (no more showing the id in the gui). #1 (dyn range limit) will happen the next time in some form (right now, a "math" module) is planned that would support multiple operations including range-limiting.
Thank you so much, was waiting for it (sidechaining with ext input) for a long time :hyper:
Please consider to maybe making some time all pass filter :hihi:

Thank you for you work and great free updates!

Return to “apulSoft”